Chapter Twenty-Three: Unbelievable

When we arrived at my house I got out and led us up the stairs to my apartment. I unlocked the door and stepped inside, shrugging off my backpack and light jacket and hanging them up.

"Why are you still here?" I asked when I turned and saw Blake standing behind me.

"Well... Since it's already 2:50 and our date is at 4, I didn't think it was really that necessary to go back home and then drive back over here in a 45 minute time span." He said with a shrug. I nodded slowly, not knowing where he was going with this.

"Um... We can do homework if you want." He suggested. I shrugged.

"Fine." I said, giving in as I grabbed my backpack and walked over to the couch. I sat down and pulled out my history homework and math homework, quickly realizing our homework in math was to do the worksheet that was attached to our homework from the previous night... I quickly blushed when I remembered what had happened to my homework. Blake pulled out his math homework too and then frowned at me.

"Where's your homework?" He asked, confused.

"I uh... I don't really have it anymore. Chris excused me for it." I said quickly.

"You should really stop calling him Chris." He grumbled.

"Fine." I snapped, flipping to my history homework instead. Blake shook his head and mirrored my actions, and I stared at our homework and sighed.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"I suck at history. A lot." I admitted. He chuckled and purposefully brushed his hand against mine as he took my homework and looked over it.

"This is easy. I could help you if you want." He offered.

"Um. Okay." I said, unsure if I really wanted his help. He flashed me a smile before preparing to help me with my homework.

I found out that Blake wasn't half bad, and if I hadn't found Chris before him, I might even have dated him, had I noticed his interest in me. However, since I knew how happy he was in knowing that he could blackmail me into not being with Chris, it really made me hate him. I clenched my jaw and shook away the thoughts, refocusing on question seven, which he was currently trying to help me with.

***

When we finally finished our homework it was nearly 4 o'clock already, and I packed up my things and turned to see Blake watching me.

"About this afternoon..." He began.

"What about it?" I asked.

"You kissed me." He said.

"Because you told me to." I reminded him.

"Yeah, well, you seemed more into the kiss than you usually are." He informed me.

"How would you know that? You've never kissed me before." I said, raising an eyebrow.

"I know, I just meant, you always flinch or shy away from my touch, but you didn't act like you weren't enjoying it. You really kissed me." He tried to explain. I let out a deep breath, closing my eyes briefly and wondering how to explain this.

"Look, you're a good kisser. That's all I can say. It was nothing more than that." I said abruptly, not giving him any time to argue.

"So? You liked it then?" He questioned, a slow smile spreading across his face.

"No." I said firmly. I couldn't do this when I was still technically dating Chris. I would NOT go behind his back and make out with other people. It would make me feel horrible. Even if he hadn't treated me that nicely this afternoon, he might just be having a bad day. I was sure he'd be better tomorrow.