Chapter Twenty-One: Blake

BLAKE POV

I sat through my first few periods, wanting lunch to come so I could see Alana. I was in fourth period now, and I had decided to leave a few minutes before the bell rang so I could find out if Alana obeyed what I had said. I would wait by her locker, and depending on which direction she came from, it would tell me if she had been in gym, or with Mr. Brown. I hoped for her sake that it was the first one.

I asked the teacher if I could be excused right before the bell rang, and when he said yes I eagerly grabbed my books and walked out of class, making my way down the hallway. It felt better to walk without the throngs of students flooding the hallways. I leisurely walked towards Alana's locker, reaching it just as the bell rang. Now I would find out if she actually took my warnings seriously or not.

I crossed my arms as my eyes raked over the students appearing in the hallway, making sure I kept an eye open for Alana. When I finally saw her, a smile spread across my face. Well, I guess she was learning. She had been in gym, like she was supposed to be. Not with Mr. Brown. When she reached me I opened my arms, expecting a hug, but she just stood there and glared at me. I gave her a look, the look that meant business, and she sighed and stepped into my welcoming arms, accepting my embrace. I hugged her tightly and then let her go, and I could see her jaw clenched in an effort not to shout or take a swing at me. I held back a laugh and waited until she put her books away. Then I lightly wrapped my arm around her waist as I led her towards the cafeteria. Surprisingly, she didn't fight my touch. I was pleased. She really WAS a fast learner. Soon it would be over between her and Chris, and then maybe one day she'd be able to see that I was just doing her a favor.

During lunch I kept close to Alana, noticing how she wasn't as tense as she was yesterday, seeming a bit more relaxed, but still infuriated. Hopefully we could fix that soon. I wanted her to grow feelings for me. It was a long shot, but I hoped it would happen. Maybe it would.

As soon as lunch was over I knew it was time for math class. I didn't particularly want to go, since I hated looking at that idiot that Alana was in love with. Just seeing him made me furious. How was it that he could get her so easily, and he could win her heart in a matter of a few weeks? I had been trying for years, and she hadn't even noticed me. Ever. But she noticed him. Now the only reason she noticed me was because I was threatening the job of her 'boyfriend', so she had agreed to my deal. Other than that, she still hated me. And if I had never seen her that day at the restaurant with him, she still wouldn't have noticed me. I couldn't deny that it hurt. I just wanted her to notice me. I didn't know any other way I could make that happen except to threaten something she loved, or in this case, someone. That someone being Mr. Brown. I suppose his existence in this school had helped me be noticed by Alana, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that I would have been noticed long before senior year if he hadn't been at this school. Therefore, I instantly hated him ten times more than I originally had. Sometimes I was tempted to rat him out to the principal, just to see him lose his job, but I liked Alana too much to lie to her and break our deal. As long as she kept up her end, I would keep up mine.

I spotted Alana at the far end of the hallway, walking into Mr. Brown's class. Well, she had gotten there before me today. Maybe I could see what they were up to. I quickened my pace until I reached his door, which was opened slightly. I paused so I could eavesdrop.

"Why didn't you come to me for tutoring today? Is something wrong?" He questioned, sounding a bit nervous.

"No, I'm sorry. It's just that, I don't really need the tutoring anymore, and there's no use for it since I can see you outside of school anyway." She explained. I smirked. Nice excuse.

"But don't you want to be together during school?" He asked, sounding like a child in pain. Her ignorance of his emotions hurt him, and it amused me. I held back a chuckle at the obvious rejection in his tone.