Prologue

OKAY, here's what most of you have been waiting for. This is just the prologue, basically setting things up and letting you know about what's happened in the time that has passed.

It's Like Love, But on A Post-It.

Prologue.

Parents. The people that aren't supposed to stab you in the back, right? Wrong. Parents are supposed to do what's right for their kids, right? Apparently not.

A lot has happened in the past three months. Too much for me to even comprehend. My parents filed for a divorce within the month that my dad found out about my mom having an affair. Since they were both willing, it only took until now for it to be finalized. I haven't seen my dad since the last custody hearing, which was two weeks ago. Both of my parents want custody of me, but honestly I will die if I have to go with my mom. I don't think that I will though, because I'm going to tell the judge that my mom is a lying, cheating, whore and therefore; she is an unfit mother.

I want to live with my dad, but he's still staying with his colleague, who I still haven't met. Then again, I haven't actually jumped the gun to meet him, he lives in Riverport and my dad hasn't exactly invited me to come see him. He calls, but I don't actually get to see him. He told me that when this whole thing is over, he's going to get a house here in Newport and I can stay with him. All I have to do is get through the next custody hearing next Monday and everything will be back to perfect. Or at least close to it.

Van's situation is going down hill. His mom signed away everything and moved in with her parents, I went to their hearing with Van. The reason theirs went by quicker is because they got an annulment, which pretty much means that their marriage never happened. Guess who got custody of Van? His dad. Why? Because he has money and paid for possibly the best lawyer in the state of California. Van's dad got the house, which he put up for sale. It's going to be different because Van won't be right across the street anymore, but he's over at my house all of the time anyways, so that doesn't matter I guess. I do feel bad for him because he wanted to live with him mom, but his dad made Julie look like an unfit mother because she was a stay at home mom and doesn't have a job. Now, wherever Van's dad goes, Van goes

My mom got to keep our house, my dad told me that he doesn't want it because he wants nothing that has to do with my mom. I agreed. Although, I still have to live with her, only until next week though, then I'll be moving in with my dad. It'll be great.

My brother Darren's the lucky one, he's getting his own apartment soon. If I weren't still in school, I would move out. I already have a job. Then again, the reason I got that job was so that I wouldn't have to be at home. Darren's new girlfriend Kim got me the job actually. She works at a bridal boutique in town and that's how she got me it. It's not exactly my ideal job, mainly because I know absolutely nothing about weddings, but I get paid, and it gives me a great excuse for getting out of the house. The guys don't know that I work there, frankly because they'd laugh at me. I didn't even tell Van.

There are lots of things that I haven't told Van recently. Like when I wake up an get chocolate milk, I pour strawberry in it. Or like how I went on a second, third, and fourth date with Evan. And I'm pretty sure that Van thinks I'm over him, but I'm not. Although, I work very hard to make him think that I am. It's pretty easy to fool Van, he's like oblivious to everything. I wish I were.