CHAPTER TEN

Chapter Ten.

Evan doesn't look the least bit phased by Van walking in on us. I, on the other hand, push away a little. The look on Van's face changes, like for a second it might actually bother him to see another guy kissing me. That look is gone within seconds.

"I thought you were 'beat and turning in for the night', Abby. This isn't your room," Van presses, like he's trying to tell me to get out.

I glance at Evan who's sitting on the bed next to me and quickly think of some snappy comeback. I can't let Van be a problem to my relationship and that's exactly what he is right now. "Well, since you're quite the prankster, my bed is still outside, in the snow," I smirk. "Kyle's sleeping with Lia now, and I'm sleeping with Evan," I explain.

"Aw, you mean we aren't having one of our annual sleepovers? The other side of my bed is free. Though, it's not as comfy as yours." Van teases, pretending to be disappointed. "Rule number six is hands above the covers, Evan," he warns, chuckling.

"Are those her rules or yours?" Evan questions, his voice filled with venom. I'm shocked at Evan's tone, but I kind of like it.

"Actually those are her dad's rules. Although, me and Abby aren't really the type to follow the rules, are we, Abbs?" Van smirks, wrangling his eyebrows at me, and Evan's attention goes to me.

Evan's just looking at me for some sort of an explanation, but Van is doing it to get a rise out of me. Is he doing this to make me feel bad? Because that's how I feel; bad. I'm the type of girl that hates the feelings that come along with, in fact, being a girl. And Van is the one person that agitates those feelings. I try not to show how affected I am by the way he's treating me, but it's hard to do. And I probably deserve it. I guarantee that I acted this way when he was with Kendall. I was a bitch, but I was also joking, which isn't what Van is doing.

"Why do you have to be such a jerk?" I ask, rhetorically. "You know what, Evan, that's rule number three, to always remember that Van is a jerk," I state.

"Relax, I was just kidding," Van says, shrugging off what he just said. "Besides, Evan's not the type to let a girl give him rules, are you, Ev?"

Evan shrugs. "I don't know, but I'm liking rule number three right about now."

I laugh and reward Evan with a quick kiss for being a smartass to Van.

"Hey, I have an idea," Van exclaims, like he just discovered the secrets to the universe. "Why don't I sleep on the floor and then Abby, you, can have my bed?" He offers.

I furrow my eyes at him, baffled at his suggestion. "Thanks, but no thanks," I reply.

"Abbykins, I'm only looking out for you," Van explains, glancing at Evan, using one of his pet-names for me on purpose. "I mean, unless Evan has a problem with that."

I stand up from Evan's bed. "Can I talk to you for a sec? In the hall," I state through clenched teeth.

Van is making both Evan and I uncomfortable and he knows it. "Why certainly, babe, anything for you," he smirks.

I roll my eyes in disgust and walk towards the door, feeling Van following close behind.

I shut the bedroom door once Van and I are both in the hallway. "What the hell is your problem?" I whisper yell, but it comes out a little louder than expected.

"Look, Abby, you may not be aware of his intentions with you, but I am," He responds sternly. "I'm just trying to be a good friend."

I impatiently cross my arms over my chest. "If you want to be a good friend, maybe you should mind your own business," I snap.