Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven

"How am I supposed to choose between my parents? Yeah, my mom's horrible, but she's still my mom," I explain to Evan, over coffee.

Ditching school right before lunch seemed like a good at the time, but Van's already text messaged me twice asking me if I was kidnapped. The only time I ever really ditch school, is because Van has some stupid idea in his head and I'm dragged into it. I should probably reply to one of the texts, but a little worry won't hurt him. Here we are, finally on great terms and I'm adding fuel to the fire.

"Abby, you're eighteen, legally you could live on your own," Evan points out.

I set my coffee on the small table we're at. "Oh, yeah, I'll just take money out of my bank account in Switzerland," I say sarcastically. "And what about school, I still have about five months left..." I add. "Not to mention that whoever I do stay with, until its over, will leave the other one hating me. Which is why I figured that the court could just choose for me."

"Why? You're old enough choose."

I sigh. "I know, but that's besides the point."

"Who do you like more?"

"My dad, duh..." I answer.

"Then stay with him."

But that means switching schools and not living across the street from Van, I respond in my head. I can't tell Evan that, it'll break his heart. Even if I put my feelings for Van aside, he's still my best friend. Even if I weren't emotionally attached to him, I would still need his friendship.

"Okay, enough about me, what's new with you?" I ask, forcing myself to take a sip of my coffee. I hate coffee, but Evan suggested it because he pulled an all-nighter last night for his exams. I just went along with it.

"Not much, I finally got the last of my crap unpacked in my apartment. You'll have to come over and check it out," Evan smiles.

I nod. "You know, I'm liking this whole dating older guys thing. I might have to take advantage of you having your own place." I joke.

Evan chuckles. "Feel free to take advantage of me all you want," he says, quickly realizing how it actually came out. "I didn't mean it like that," he corrects as we both laugh.

"I know what you meant," I giggle.

"But for real, I don't want you to think that's the only reason I'm with you," he tells me.

"But that is one of the reasons, isn't it?" I tease. He dug himself in this hole, he's going to have to climb out all on his own.

His cheeks redden as his lips curl into a smile. "You're twisting my words around."

I smile. "So I'm wrong, you don't want to sleep with me?" I question.

"Of course I do, I'm a guy, but there's no rush, Abby. If I just wanted to get it in, I would be with somebody easier," he explains.

"Like Kendall?" I say, prying. "The guys told me she was trying to slut-it-up with you. I had a feeling she would."

Evan shivers at the thought of Kendall. "She rubs me the wrong way. How long did her and Vance date?"

I shrug. "Who knows. They've been off and on so many times, I lost count. She has some major commitment issues," I explain. "It's sad because she was, pretty much, the only girl that Van committed to and she completely screwed it up, but I guess it was for the better because she didn't deserve him anyway," I add.