Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

"Yo, Dex, I found them!" Mitch yells out into the hall. "Come check this out man!" he adds.

"Dude, get out," Van snaps.

Oh shit...shit, shit, shit! If Dex comes in here, then the rest of the guys will eventually be led in here.

"We have clothes on, you dumbass," I cut in.

"Really, Abbs?" Dex questions, I guess he's now in here. "Because to me, it looks like your clothes are on the floor," he points out, as him and Mitch burst into a fit of laughter.

"What the hell are you guys doing back already?" Van asks, practically reading my mind.

"Dex did a face plant into the snow, I'm talking a straight-up Snooki-Face-Plant," Mitch answers, laughing. Every chance Mitch gets, he'll connect the real life to the show Jersey Shore.

"So, you guys are the only ones here?" I check, trying to hold back my laughter at his comparison to Snooki from Jersey Shore.

"Yep," Dex answers, popping the 'p'. "The others should be here soon though."

I start to ask more questions, but Mitch stops me. "Enough of avoiding the real question, why are you and Vance showering together and why didn't I get an invite?" He jokes

I want to laugh, but I'm still in a little bit of a shock. I don't know why, but I am. I shouldn't fell bad for anything, I mean, this doesn't mean anything. But I still can't shake this feeling, in the pit of my stomach. I don't like it, but at the same time, I do. Which only confuses me all the more. Blocking whatever I'm feeling towards Van, is a lot easier when Evan is around.

I reach my hand out and grab a towel off of the rack, which I use to wrap around myself before getting out, even though I still have my bra and panties on. I think that I gave them enough of a show last night which I shouldn't have done. I guess that's where Van and I are different again, when he's trashed he changes his clothes, whereas I take mine off.

"What, is the party over already?" Mitch teases.

I roll my eyes. "There's cake in the oven that's going to burn, why don't you go fix that?" I tell him.

Dex perks up, wide eyed and excited. "Cake? You guys actually made cake?"

I nod. "Why don't you go take them out of the oven, Dex, while you're forgetting you saw this," I suggest.

Dex smiles satisfied, and prances off. He's the easy one, Mitch is the one that I'm really woried about. I don't think that he would actually say something directly to Evan, but he would humiliate me by dropping little hints and watch me suffer in silence.

"You know, you're lucky I like you, Abby," Mitch pauses, "otherwise, I'd embarrass the hell out of you," he smiles.

I sigh, relieved. "So, you aren't going to say anything?" I check. "I mean, it's not like there's even anything to say, we were covered in cake mix and we couldn't take two separ-"

Mitch stops me by saying, "wait a minute. You guys had a cake mix fight?"

I nod slowly, realizing that I've said to much. I can't help it, once I get talking, I can't stop.

Mitch tries not to laugh. "Okay, kids, get dressed and we'll talk about this downstairs," he tells us sternly, pretending to play the parent, but ends up laughing as he leaves.

I turn to Van who's wrapping a towel around his waist. "This is bad," I sigh, finally walking about of the bathroom.

"Abby, wait," Van says, following close behind me. "Lets talk about this, I mean-" he stops himself from finishing.