15. Insemination

"And you, why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend? Huh? I got to deal with someone who I've never met, she talked bad about me and my girls. If I wasn't so stubborn, she'd have walked over me and my girls like a piece of trash. You-" I was cut short by his lips on mine.

Too many things were going through my mind at this point and I found myself kissing him back.

He broke the kiss and placed his chin on my head

"You talk too much sometimes and I'm sorry about her" he apologized.

"She said she'll be back and I'm pretty sure she knows my girls are my weakness, what if she tries something stupid like kidnapping them?" I asked him, my mind didn't stop to register how much I enjoyed the kiss.

All I could think about was my kids.

"I won't let her go close to them" he assured me, placing a kiss on my forehead.

I leaned in to him.

I needed this male protection, I've been on my own with my kids and Neh that I hadn't had time to date anyone.

"I promise" he added and I wrapped my arms around his waist. I didn't know what I was thinking but, I didn't want to let go.

"Mummy?" The little voice brought me out of my daze and I turned to the direction of the little voice.

It was Sophie

"Yes my little princess" I cooed, stepping away from Arez to bend down to her level.

"Is he really papa?"

Wtf! Why would she ask me this?

"Uhm, honey, I need you to go to your sisters okay, I'll talk to you later" I told her and she left, disappointment etched  on her little face.

I turned behind me to see Arez walking away from me, he was angry.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" I asked him,  he halted but he said nothing at first.

"You still don't trust me do you?" He asked, turning around to face me.

"Excuse me?"

"Why won't you accept me as the father of those girls up there" he asked, he looked pained.

"It's not easy for me okay, I'm trying. I still don't know you well enough and we're still not sure the girls are yours. Even at that, it was your sperm you donated. So whatever happens to the sperm is not your business anymore. Tell me, if it was the original girl that had herself inseminated with your sperm, would you go after her?" I asked and he was quiet.

"That's what I thought" I told him when he didn't say anything.

"So please, tell me why you're coming after me and my kids because, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that has been inseminated with your sperm" I told him and left him standing there.

It's only a matter of time, we'd be gone from here soon.

Hey y'all ❤️