CH15: Not Cynical Like Katherine Pierce

Minho just stared for a second. He looked at me and where I was clutching my arm to hide the spot where I stabbed myself with a syringe and the now empty syringe in Ben's hands.

He walked towards me slowly, removing my hand from my arm. It was bleeding slightly from how savagely I had plunged it into my skin.

His head snapped towards Ben. "What did you do?", he asked, scarily calm

"Nothing you need to know about", Ben replied

Ben, you're my best friend and all, but now is seriously not a good time for you to be yourselves.

Ben says nothing else and leaves after sneaking one last glance at me

Minho's jaw clenched. "Are you okay? Did he do something to you? You know I can just beat the klunk out of him ri-"

"Calm down Minho", I say, grabbing hold of his wrists. He seemed to tense and then loosen up at the action. "He didn't do anything. Besides, you would get banished if you hurt a fellow Glader"

He tenses up again. "How did you know that?", he whispers

"One of the Gladers told me", I lied smoothly

"Don't lie to me." His reply surprises me, and I look up at him clearly startled.

"What?"

I release his wrists and try drawing my hands back, but he captures it in his own.

His hand is rough and calloused and too big for mine. I can't help but feel small. His eyes pierced into mine with an intensity that made me want to look away, but for some reason I didn't.

"Please tell me the truth", he pleads. "I know something is bothering you and I want to know what it is."

I gulp. "Why?", my voice is barely above a whisper

"Because I want to help. What happened last night, I don't want it to happen again."

He leans down and places his forehead on mine, breathing heavily. "You can trust me"

My heart was beating very fast and my senses were on overdrive. We were too close, yet the distance between us seemed too much

I feel very tentative, but then I realize that it's Minho, and he wouldn't tell anyone. He wasn't cynical or neither did I want him to think I was either.

"I-"

I'm cut off by someone opening the door. I jump away from Minho, suddenly alert. I can feel the heat creep up my neck.

Minho looks beyond annoyed. "What do you want Alex", he snapped

Alex stood at the doorway smirking like he always does. I think he doesn't know how to change the expression on his face. Like seriously, Don't you get bored?

He smiled a knowing smile at Minho. It was like they something I didn't.

Eh, probably an inside joke.

"Newt's looking for you," he pointed at me. "And to say he's angry is an understatement."

_________________________________

Early update 😊

Vote and Comment if you liked this chapter. <3

Lots of Love,

-Ellie