CH7: She Smirks More Than Damon Salvatore

Minho p.o.v

"Then I think I'll like it here too", she whispers, more to herself than to me.

I grin and get up. She is startled by the sudden movement. I stick my hand out for her to take. "Come on, let's go get some breakfast. It's the only food you'll get until the afternoon."

Her eyes light up at the mention of food.

"Food? I love food. Let's go get some food.", she nods determinedly and grabs my hand.

I chuckle at her eagerness. She is in the middle of getting up when I loosen my hold teasingly. She squeals and I laugh and tighten my hold.

After she's on her feet, she punches my arm with her hand that isn't in mine, angrily and I recoil in pain.

The girl knows how to throw a punch. I'll give her that.

I rub my arm stealthily, hoping she wouldn't notice, but she does and smirks.

We start walking towards the heart of the Glade, where Frypan would have laid out breakfast.

He didn't know how to cook very well, but he was better than all of us at it, so we let him do it.

"Walk fast, I'm hungry", she whined

I intentionally walk slower, trying to annoy her. She notices and yanks me forward, almost sending me sprawling over the ground.

I stumble, but reply, "Okay! Okay! I'm walking. I'm walking."

We make it to the end of the deadheads, and that's exactly when Alex runs up to us.

"I was looking for you, come on Frypan..."

He trails off as his gaze travels down to Mille's hand that was intertwined with mine.

Huh, didn't notice that.

Alex smirks at me and says-

"You know what? I'm gonna come back later."

Millie narrowed her eyes at his retreating figure.

"Why was he acting like that?", she asks.

I don't say anything. I just raise our interlocked hands, still looking ahead. I then turn my head to her just in time to see her widen her eyes and hastily unlock her hand from mine.

"Race you to breakfast", she says.

"You're gonna lose", I say with a shrug.

"We'll see", she chirps. "One.. Two.."

She turns to look at me one more time before she yells-

"Three!"

And we break into a run.

I already know that she cannot outrun me, so I start off slow. That resolution comes to break as she overtakes me with alarming speed. I run faster than I ever have. I gradually overtake her, which she takes as a challenge and increases her speed. I see the kitchen in a distance. To my surprise and utter disbelief, Millie overtakes me again and manages to dash into the kitchen before me.

I run into the kitchen too and skid to a halt. Millie is already facing me, her cheeks flushed, a grin etched onto her face.

I am too shocked to say, the least. She outran me. She was actually faster than me.

"What was that you were saying?", she questions sassily.

I shake my head incredulously.

"How did you- but I'm - that's not-whoa...", I stutter.

She lets out a short laugh and says, "I won."

"How did you do that?"

"I'm a fast runner"

"Or you cheated"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Yes"

"No- wait, what? You tricked me!"

She laughs and says, "It gets easier every time I do it."

It's then that I realize that everyone is looking at us. She follows my gaze and visibly stiffens.

"What's happening?", Gally asks suspiciously.

"Um.... Nothing?", Millie says with a nervous laugh, but it comes out more like a question.

I'm surprised that she doesn't spill the beans. After debating with myself in my head I say-

"It's not nothing." She looks at, eyes wide as if asking 'what are you doing?'

I sigh. "She can run faster than me", I say feeling oddly proud of her.

Silence washes over like a huge wave as soon as the words leave my mouth. Everyone was staring

She visibly gulps and glares at me.

Wait, what? Why?

"You're.... kidding right?", Alex lets out slowly.

I just shake my head. Everyone looks between Millie and me. Slowly everyone goes back to what they were doing.

I look down at Millie and grin.

"Why did you do that!?", she whisper-yells.

"Well, I wasn't going to lie to them. And I don't mind that you're faster than me.", I shrug

She narrows her eyes. "Don't you?"

"Okay maybe a little"

"A little?"

"Yeah..."

She opens her mouth to reply but Newt throws an arm over his sister and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Mornin' sis.", he says happily.

"Mornin'. Sleep well?"

Newt hummed in response.

"Are you ready?", he asks, his gaze shifting to me.

"Yeah", I lied. I really wasn't in the mood for a lecture from Newt, so I refrained from telling him that I hadn't eaten yet.

"No, you aren't. You haven't eaten yet.", Millie points out.

I close my eyes tightly.

Alas! I have been compromised.

"What? What were you doing all this while?", Newt asks, throwing his hands up incredulously.

"He was busy wooing you sister", Alex says coming out of nowhere and leaving as suddenly as he had appeared.

Hahaha, Oh boy, was he in trouble.

"Okay, yeah, I'm out of here.", Millie says, already weirded out. "Catch you guys before you leave!", she throws over her shoulder.

Newt turned to with a killer look. "What did Alex just say?"

I mentally sigh.

Bad move Alex, bad move.