Chapter 31 - Ensnared

As it was before, this chapter is dedicated to Darkening-Skies! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Chapter's old title: Sucked In]

Harumi pov:

Many of the Allied Shinobi Force had fallen, drained completely of chakra and lay on the ground too tired to lift even a single finger. The Divine Tree stood tall in the middle of it, as if reaching for the moon. There were still some shinobi standing though, including the Jinchurikis, the reanimated Hokages as well as Sasuke. While three of the Hokages were standing in front of us, ready to attack Madara, Minato san and the other shinobi were waiting for Obito san to make his next move.

The air was tense and silent – it was almost suffocating.

I felt tightness in my chest, uncertain and anxious. Madara noticed it easily and gently caressed my waist with his thumb, reassuring me that he wouldn't let anything happen to me. He didn't look at me though and continued to stare at Hashirama san while Izuna san had his gaze locked with Tobirama san's.

"Madara...what's going to happen now?" I asked softly, uneasily, despite his reassuring presence.

In all honesty, I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to watch this war unfold. I was feeling guilty enough being an indirect reason for these people getting hurt but I didn't want to lose Madara – I was helping him so he could end the war quickly without hurting anymore people and we could live together in peace. He was the only person I trusted in this world – I didn't know anyone else well enough to trust – and was the man I loved and wished to be with for the rest of my life.

I tensed at the rather hard look Madara gave me after I had asked my question. His hair fell over his face, covering his right eye, and his visible eye was narrow with the Sharingan glowing menacingly. He was frightening and it reminded me of the first time he had visited my house and broken my shoulder. However, his eyes softened as he looked over my face.

He didn't answer my question and looked ahead at Hashirama san once again. The latter tensed and pulled out a kunai while taking up a defensive stance. Neither moved though and we stood in silence, all until I felt something wrap itself around my waist. My eyes went wide and I screamed as I was literally ripped out of Madara 's hold. I pried at whatever had wrapped itself around my waist while I reached out to Madara with my other hand as he watched with wide eyes and a shocked expression.

"Madara!!" I screamed but I gasped when I collided against someone rather roughly.

The wind was knocked out of me and I coughed while holding onto the shoulders of whoever I had collided into. Everything spun for a moment but I shook my head so it would settle and then looked at who I was holding on to. My eyes went slightly wide upon seeing Obito san.

"Obito san? W-what are you doing?" I asked and squirmed to get out of his hold. Being held by him this was uncomfortable.

"It would be wise not to struggle, Harumi. I don't think you would want to fall from this height," he said and I looked down at that.

"Eek!" I exclaimed upon seeing just how high up in the air we were and wrapped my arms tightly around Obito san's neck. He didn't say anything to my outburst but merely tightened his arm around my waist.

"Obito! What the hell are you doing?!" Madara bellowed and I opened my eyes and relaxed my hold on Obito san while turning my head a bit to look at him. He was quite far from where Obito san and I were and he was swiftly making his way to us.

"Madara!" I called out and reached out a hand again. He darted his eyes to me at that and then narrowed his eyes dangerously at Obito san as he came to stand on a cliff close a few feet away.