Chapter 26 - Certainty

As it was before, this chapter is dedicated to DerpsAlotToLive! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madara pov:

I sat on a boulder rather relaxed, with one arm resting on my upright knee and my chin in my palm, as I watched the five Kage's fighting my clones. They were so weak and their strategy of fighting me as a team was nothing more than child's play. They actually thought they could beat me at their level! What a joke!

I took a moment to look over all the other shinobi of the Allied Force who fought the Edo Tensei reanimations – they were easily being overpowered as well. It was amusing to watch them press on fighting despite knowing that any Jutsu they used was futile. After all, the reanimated shinobi could regenerate no matter where they were injured and were more so shinobi of high ranks when they were alive. There was no way all these weakling shinobi could hold their own against such high ranking reanimations that lost not even an ounce of energy despite how long they fought.

Even the Hachibi and Kyubi Jinchuriki were amusing to watch. They were fighting against a few reanimated S-Rank shinobi and cheered every time they landed a lucky hit. But when the shinobi regenerated, they cursed under their breaths and desperately tried to land another hit with hopes of permanently ending them. If they couldn't beat even a few reanimations, how did they have any expectation to defeat me, Uchiha Madara?

And the five Kages joining hands to fight me, defeat me and create history? Ha! That wouldn't be possible even if another hundred years passed.

The shinobi of this generation were weaklings compared to those who existed a century ago. It would take much more than the five weak Kage to even land a scratch on me and I was quite sure that there was no one on this battlefield who could be a worthy opponent to me. I was looking forward to an entertaining, adrenaline-rushing fight but I guess I had expected too much. My thirst for a satisfying battle would be unfulfilled.

My moment of boredom was interrupted when I noticed something odd happening on the battlefield all of a sudden. The reanimated shinobi began to glow and soon the bodies that had been used to cast the Jutsu collapsed with the spirits of the reanimated shinobi rising to the sky. I narrowed my eyes in annoyance and stood – what was that foolish Snake Boy thinking, releasing the Edo Tensei? I had given him strict orders to see through the battle strategy we had discussed about on my last visit. He surely wasn't brave enough to go against me – he knew the dire consequences if he did betrayed me – so why had he released the Jutsu??

I tensed when another thought went through my mind though – what if he had been attacked? What if the hideout had been found and attacked? Someone was messing with my plans! And if they had managed to break into the hideout and stop the Edo Tendei, then Harumi...there was a possibility that they would have sensed Harumi's chakra as well and hurt her!

Growling menacingly, I used Kamui to teleport to the hideout, ignoring the terrified looks I got from the Allied Force as they sensed my chakra rage so strongly that violent busts of wind streamed around me as I disappeared from their view. I was merely out of their view but with five of my clones still fighting the Kages and my Rinnegan active, I could easily keep tabs on what was happening on the battlefield while I dealt with things in the hideout.

When I appeared in the hideout, I couldn't sense Harumi or Zetsu. I could sense Snake Boy but his chakra was probably half as much as it was before.

"Harumi! Harumi!" I bellowed as I walked through the hideout.

I checked her room and the kitchen, just in case, before going to where Snake Boy was. The room was a mess with fissures and gaping splits in the ground indicating that a rough battle had been fought. I spotted him standing at the far end of the room with his hand held up in the last hand sign that was used to release the Edo Tensei. His appearance was like that of a normal human now and his eyes were closed. He was under the influence of a Genjutsu – and it wasn't just any Genjutsu. It was caused by someone who had the Sharingan. Zetsu was lying on the ground a few feet away from me in two pieces. Tch! I knew I should have left someone stronger than Zetsu to guard Harumi!