Chapter 28 - Love

[A/n: Chapter's old title: Innocent Love]

Madara pov:

I had to kill them! I had to kill them all! Every single damn b****** who had touched Harumi without my permission! I had to destroy everything around me no matter what!

I was furious and I didn't care what I did to destroy everything and everyone anymore. I just knew that I wanted to slaughter ever single person I laid eyes on. I had summoned my Susanoo with four arms and four chakra blades to slash through everything around me mercilessly. Debris flew in every direction possible and I snarled in anger as not one hit landed on the four Hokages that fought me. Why wasn't I able to hit them?! How were they evading every single one of my attacks?!

I had such a strong desire to spill their blood, especially that of Tobirama, for touching Harumi and making her scream in pain and for being the reason behind Izuna's death. I wanted him to drop dead at my hands but why couldn't I put a single scratch on him now?!

Damn it all!

"Aaaagghhh!!" I screamed and used the Susanoo's katana to leave another destructive mark through the landscape. The blast of chakra around me within my Susanoo caused debris to rise violently and leave me with another bleeding and burning scratch on my arm.

I didn't care though. I couldn't concentrate on it for more than a mere second and I couldn't stop attacking relentlessly, cursing every time I missed. I was so livid and my heart was pounding hard enough to make me gasp for air. Adrenaline rushed through my veins and I clenched my fists tighter causing my nails to pierce the skin of my palms and draw blood that left dark splotches on the san below. I lifted my arm to release another powerful attack but someone easily entered my Susanoo and collided with me moments later. Slender arms wrapped themselves around my neck as well.

"Madara, please stop this! Please calm down!" I heard a voice say but I merely pushed the person away roughly.

I heard a grunt as they landed a few feet from me and summoned more chakra to release my attack that was stalled but the person once again wrapped their arms around my neck, firmly this time, and placed one hand on the back of my head.

"You have to calm down, Madara! You're hurting yourself! Please! I...I love you."

The words made me snap out of my blind rage all of a sudden. I froze and my breath got stuck in my throat as my rage just melted away and I slowly returned to my senses, enough to realize that I had lost control of myself until now. My body was trembling from the blood rush I had had but slowly quelled as I became more and more aware of the small comforting warmth that was pressed up against me.

I finally exhaled with a shudder and wrapped my arms around Harumi while closing my eyes, closing up every possible gap that could be present between our bodies. I sunk to the ground with her between my legs and just stayed like that while breathing deeply, basking in the reassurance that she was alright and in my arms again. My muscles burned from the after effects of the consecutive powerful attacks I had thrown but it healed along with the numerous injuries I had inflicted on myself when I had lost control as Harumi's chakra slowly seeped into me.

It was less than five minutes before I was healed but I didn't let her out of the embrace until I felt calm enough. When I finally let her go to meet her worried gaze, my eyes softened as she lifted her hands to cup my face tenderly. She rubbed my cheeks with her thumbs making a sort of serenity settle in me – this was the first time she had been so forward with me, caring even, and I felt a swell in my chest.

"Are you alright now?" she asked softly and with so much warmth. Something inside me snapped and I couldn't stop from bringing her closer with a hand on her back and kissing her with my eyes closed. She didn't resist and lowered her hands to my chest to respond as much as she could, even parting her lips when I brushed my tongue over her bottom lip.