Chapter 4 - Yakushi Kabuto

Kabuto pov:

I jumped through the trees and headed towards the Earth Village to buy some supplies after finishing up with a mission close by. This village was one of the best places to shop since almost everything was available in one place and the quality of the supplies was also pretty good.

But the main reason why I was going there was to pick up Orochimaru sama's medication. Ever since the Sandaime Sarutobi Hiruzen had sealed Orochimaru sama's arms using the forbidden Death Reaper Seal technique, rendering him unable to make hand seals and use jutsu of any sorts, Orochimaru sama hadn't been able to recover from it fully. Even though he had recently transferred his soul into a new vessel, a new body, his arms had begun to rot quite soon and he seemed to feel quite a bit of pain because of it. He wasn't able to train Sasuke kun efficiently and his overall health was slowly deteriorating along with his rotting body.

The Orochimaru sama that I knew was strong and one of the greatest shinobi of all time but because of the Sandaime.....tch! How dare those Konoha brats reduce him to such a state!

I scowled in annoyance as I landed in front of the Earth Village's gates. I entered the village and walked towards the market while reaching for the list of supplies I needed to buy that I had in my pocket. The market was bustling with people like usual but there was something odd about this place today. I narrowed my eyes as I walked, having sensed an incredibly strong chakra amongst the crowd – one that I had never sensed before in this village – and alarmingly, it was even stronger than that of Orochimaru sama's. I clenched my fists and jaw while darting my eyes around to find the source of the chakra.

I maneuvered through the market's streets and towards the chakra that I could sense. I glanced at the others in the market and it was clear that none of the shinobi could sense the chakra like I did. Well, it was obvious that they couldn't – the chakra was very unique and I don't think even a really good sensory shinobi would be able to make out this chakra clearly. Very few shinobi trained in sensing even the faintest of chakra like myself, Orochimaru sama and probably the Akatsuki would be able to sense this chakra.

After a few moments of walking, I came across a ceramics stall. It was a new stall, the only one that this shopping district was lacking before. There was a girl who appeared to be in her late teens like me sitting on a stool in the middle of the stall and drawing patterns on the sand with her finger. She looked quite bored and I guessed it was because she had no customers to attend to.

It was her chakra that I had sensed upon entering the village – it was powerful and overwhelming in a way and I narrowed my eyes while staring at her. After a few moments of drawing on the sand, she sighed and waved her hand slowly over the ground. I tensed as her charka rose sharply for just a brief moment and a small plant popped out of the ground. It grew a few inches, blooming leaves and even a small blue flower.

I narrowed my eyes trying to understand what she had just done. Did she have the ability to give life? She had, with a mere wave of her hand, made a seed that was dormant under the ground spring to life and grow to perhaps its peak in less than a minute! That was...amazing! I'm sure it was something that could help heal Orochimaru sama and he would surely be able to function with his former glory. With these thoughts in mind, I inhaled deeply and walked into her stall and came to stand just a few feet from where she sat.

"That's quite an interesting ability you have," I said with a smile in an attempt to appear friendly.

Upon hearing my voice, she snapped her head up to look at me with an expression of shock and worry. She stood up so quickly in her shock that she stumbled and nearly fell from losing balance. She stared at me for a minute and swallowed thickly.