I'm Okay Di - Part 44

Joes PoV
Dianne was getting all flustered trying to dab at my bruise but I knew she was about to cry.
"Di? Di? Calm down. I'm fine. Just come here" I gestured her towards my lap. She came and sat down and sobbed into my shirt.
"I'm sorry Joe. I don't know why he did this. But it's my fault I shouldn't have let you be responsible for them" she cried.
"Hey. That wasn't your decision I wanted to. And you shouldn't have to be responsible for them. You're just a little older than 18 so your brother shouldn't have put that responsibility on you alone. I'm fine. Look at me". She didn't move so I tried again. "Di look at me". This time she slowly raised her head and I could see the tears running down her cheeks. "Dianne. Do not let this ruin today. We had a good day right? And an even better Christmas coming soon. It's okay. I'm here. I'm fine.  Your brother will cone around eventually" by this point Diannes mum had the left the room and Dianne had stopped crying. I leaned forward and gave her a gentle kiss.
"Thanks Joseph"
"No problem. You are beautiful and amazing and I hate seeing you cry"
"Yeah. I know. I love you"
"I love you too". I gave her one less kiss before carrying on. "Come on let's go upstairs and watch something in bed"
"Okay". She sluggishly got off of my lap and we made our way to the stairs, just as we got to the bottom of the stairs Diannes dad walked in.
"Joe are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine thank you Mark. Has he calmed down?"
"Well he did but then when he got home his wife and kids were gone. Not everything just a few overnight bags. I tried to talk sense into him but he just grabbed a beer or something from the fridge and kicked me out"
"Oh"
"Dianne. Sweetheart are you alright?" This made Dianne cry again and she ran into Marks arms.
"Why Dad? Why does he have to act like that? We were coming home with exciting news and he goes and punches my boyfriend. What if that put Joe off?"
"But it didn't Di" I interrupted. She turned her head towards me. "If I got put off by that from your brother then obviously I don't love you, but I do love you, so much. So of course I didn't get put off. You are the one I want to be with for eternity"
"Aw Joseph". I heard Rina say. My face filled with embarrassment as I nervously laughed. "Anyway what was your exciting news Dot?" Dianne looked towards me asking me if She could with her eyes. I simply nodded and then Dianne blurted it out.
"Joe asked me to move in with him. And before you say anything. We have the money, we're old enough and our roommates moved out anyway so it just makes sense". Rina ran over to Dianne hugging her and then over to me.
"Look after her. You break her heart I will be coming for you" she laughed but I knew she was serious.
"I would never dream of breaking your little girls heart. She is the love of my life. Like I said". Everyone awed ad Dianne came over to me and we went upstairs finally.
"Thanks Joey. Sorry I'm being soppy"
"It's alright. Btw I can't wait until tomorrow" I winked. She hit me in the chest gently and laughed.
"Ah yeah. That reminds me". She got up and walked off somewhere. Where is she going now?

A/N
Starting to really enjoy writing this again so third chapter in 3 days I think? Not sure. Hope you enjoyed? Was it too soppy? Leave suggestions xx