Chapter 29

Erika wiped away her tears. She smiled even though it was barely one."Go. Go after Travis. I'm sure, you two can work things out. I'm sorry about Elizabeth."

I shook my head."No. I'm sorry. I just don't understand."

"It's alright." Erika says.

I could see she was trying very hard to muster a smile.

She knew about me and Emmanuel. I guess she found out long ago.

But how did she?

Wait. If Travis could tell and if Tracy could tell..why couldn't Erika? She was there the entire time.

"Erika..I-"

"I think he went up to the roof garden. I saw him walking there." Erika interrupted.

Erika was avoiding it. She didn't want to talk about it.

"Okay." That was all I said. I don't think anything else would do.

"I guess tomorrow's outing is cancelled too. So..we'll go out another time." Erika said, trying her best to maintain her slight smile.  

I nodded my head and walked away from the table.

What have I done?

Emmanuel. Emmanuel. Emmanuel.

Have I fallen in love with the wrong person?

Or is this even called love?

I hurt Travis. Elizabeth. Erika.

Everyone that I ever cared for..

"Hey it's you." Jennifer smiled.

"Hi." I forced a smile.

"What's up? Oh.. and where's Travis?" She asked looking around to find him.

"He should be at the roof garden." I replied.

"Something has happened. Hasn't it?" Jennifer continued.

"Erm..I said something I shouldn't have."

I answered her.

"Ooh. I could actually guess what that may be. You know something, Geraldine?  Sometimes the best things or the right person isn't where you're trying to go to or reach. In fact, they're just next to you." Jennifer gave me a smile.

As she walked passed me, the smell of her perfume filled the air.

"And..the person who loves you is just in front of you. Keep that in mind. Don't go for something that isn't worth your love." Jennifer whispered.

Is just in front of me? Was she..yes. She was. She was talking about him. But why? I thought she liked him.

Elizabeth was talking about him as well. I get it now.

I have to find Travis.

I ran up the stairs to the roof garden.

How could I be so insensitive to Travis?

He has been there all along. Every bit of my time here. Ever since he talked to me.

I was so selfish. I thought about Emmanuel all day. My mind was always filled with thoughts about Emmanuel.  And yet.. and yet..

Yet..he ..

"Travis!" I called out."Where are you?"

Travis was there. He stood before me.

"Geraldi-"

I didn't care anymore and hugged him.

"Travis...I'm sorry.."

"Geraldine...what are you talking about?" Travis said pushing me away.

I hugged him tighter." I didn't get what you and Elizabeth was talking about. But now I do..I'm sorry..I was selfish. Really selfish..I know of your feelings for me. I was blind. Really blind to your feelings. And I'm really sorry."

"Geraldine. You mean..you finally know..that I am in lo-"

"Yes. I do, Travis." I whispered."I do."

He didn't say anything. Neither did I.

We stayed that way for the next three minutes.

Something about or in us that just clicks together.

Our feelings. Our thoughts. We knew each other's. 

"Geraldine. I love you." Travis hugged me back. " I want to be by your side. I know you love Emmanuel. But..I selfishly want you for myself..."

I pushed him away gently." Travis. I'm right in front of you now. Aren't I ?"

I gave him a smile. And finally he smiled back.

Travis is in love with me. I love him too. But..Emmanuel. I loved him more.

I couldn't tell Travis I loved him too. If I am to tell him that..then I have to wait for the day when Emmanuel is completely out of my life.

Because it isn't fair for him. That's why I'm gonna lock it all up. Lock this feelings for Travis away.

I'm sorry, Travis. I do love you. But..a bigger part of me wants to reach the heart of a boy whose world is messed up and torn apart.

Emmanuel.

I'm not going to give him up.

-To be continued.

****************

Geraldine finally realizes and admits that she does love Travis and that Travis loves her too. Emmanuel still takes up a bigger part of her heart though. Thank you for reading!  Please vote and comment:)

-Jerza4ever