Chapter 1

In Greenwood High, there is one thing every girl must have. That is long hair. Weird isn't it? Well, that is the way things are in here.Once you have it, friends and boys just all come along. The thing is I don't have long hair. Mine's short and probably old-fashioned. Name's Geraldine. But most call me Gera. In fact everyone does. I'm a teenage girl without a single friend or boyfriend. The only friend I have in life is probably just my dad and my sister, Liz. But she has gone off to college. And the reason why im unable to have long hair, which would totally make my whole life easier is that I had long hair all the way from 5th grade to last year. And I was pretty sick of it. So I decided that off it goes for a change. so you could say that's all my fault. My family is not financially stable so I do not have the money for an extension so all I could do is wait.

Erika and Elizabeth Taylors are examples of what having long hair might feel like. Besides being the most popular girls in school, they have the two hottest boyfriends ever. Joseph and Emmanuel.  These two just make girls scream. I don't even bother because I knew. The feelings would never be mutual. Especially to a girl like me. Joseph is very outspoken, while Emmanuel is the complete opposite. It actually seems like Joseph is dating both of them instead.

"Hey Gera!" I turned around. Tracy Willis. Another popular girl in school. "Hey, Tracy" I forced a smile. " Im having a party tonight at my place, which you are in invited to," she giggled.

I blinked my eyes. This isn't a dream is it? "I'm sorry. Did I just hear correctly?  You just invited me to-" "Yeah! I just did!" She answered. I stared at her. "So make sure you come!"

I can't believed it. I burst into smiles. This could be a turning point. I'm not gonna miss this. Geraldine, this is the time to change!

-to be continued