Chapter 13

I walked over to Liz's sleeping body and I sat next to her. Leaving the container on the table.

"Liz.." I whispered. "What am I suppose to do? My life is so complicated...It is so clear yet so hard to see...I bet you don't have these problems do you?"

Liz was a beautiful amd strong girl. Her hair was long and brunette. She's the total opposite of me. And she would know exactly what to do.

My thoughts were interrupted by the vibration of my phone.

It was Joseph.

"Hello?"

"Hey..Geraldine."

"Hey. so what's up?"

"Can we meet up?"

Meet up? What for? Ugh...come on. Be tough. Geraldine.

"Y-yeah..sure."

"Awesome. How about the afternoon? Alright? See you at the park."

The line went dead.

I didn't know what he wanted but I have to end this.

****

When I reached the park, I saw him there.

Tall, Strong and definately handsome. I myself wonder why I didn't fall for him.

Wearing a plain T-shirt with a jacket. The jean was plain too. Wearing Converse shoes seem to make more attractive though.

What are you thinking? Ugh.

I continue walking towards him. He figured I was there before I could tell him or even appear in front of him.

"Hey. " I gave him a slight smile.

"Hey. "He smiled.

Awkwardness took over.

"Erm...so what's up?" I asked breaking all the tension rising.

"Well... Geraldine....You know what I want to talk about.."He looked away.

"Yeah.....sure..."I coughed.

Then silence it was again....

"Joseph! You want some coffee? Because I could get so-"

"Geraldine! I'm like trying to figure out your feelings and your thoughts!" Joseph interrupted me.

"What do you mean?" I knew that was dumb but still I had to say something.

"Oh. You know what I mean. I confessed my feelings to you! What more can I do?" He continued.

I took a deep breath."Joseph... I don't really get it.. I just met you like for less than a month. But that's not the point I'm trying to say.."

"Then what is?" He turned to me.

"You see...erm... We just can't okay?"

He placed his hands on my shoulders.

"What do you mean by that? Is not like is some crime!"

"Joseph! To me it is not just a crime but a mistake that I cannot make. Elizabeth is yours."

"You know something Geraldine? It was all an act! Okay? Between me and her.. it was all an act. " He sighed.

"An act? I don't get what you're saying.." I was getting confused.

" Elizabeth and I are acting to show Her parents we're dating. Reason is last month, her parents tried to matchmake her and Erika. But Erika had Emmanuel and Elizabeth was single. So since I was her friend, I did her a favour by agreeing to her request."

I stared at him for a moment. I totally did not see that one coming.

"But why do you act in front of Erika and Emmanuel too?"

"Because I wouldn't want them to know it was all a lie. I mean .. not like with don't trust them is just that the fewer people that knew the better. Understand now?" He explained.

I nodded. That was all I could do.

"Geraldine." He whispered. This time his voice was gentle.

I looked up to him.

"Time is not a barrier for love. But I didn't know what happened to me too but it just did. I know that you're humiliated because of your short hair. But I find you beautiful the way you are. I'm willing to risk that chance of me having pieces of cakes thrown at me for going out with you." He smiled.

My urge to end this all died down. Suddenly I didn't have the strength to do it.

This was the first time someone ever said something like that to me.

"Joseph...give me time... please? I need to sort out my feelings."

I seriously needed sort it all out.

"Sure." He smiled.

"Thanks.." I shot him a smile too. "I got to go now. So Bye."

He waved. I turned and started to walk away.

"Geraldine! "

I turned around. "Yeah?"

He was running towards me and suddenly all I felt was his lips on my cheeks.

I blushed. He waved again and ran away. Leaving me in the park.

I like Joseph. But I'm not sure if it is in a way that he feels about me.

But what I am sure is that feeling does not surpass the one I feel for Emmanuel.

Emmanuel is just different.

-to be continued