Chapter 2

Dress checked. Shoes checked. Alright. I'm ready to go. This opportunity was one in a million. I was finally invited. Maybe I was starting to fit in? Maybe they didn't care any more about my short hair? Whatever the reason was, this is a must-go for me. Tracy's house is just probably just down the road. Walking should do.

Fifteen minutes of walking felt like a second.There in front of me, a house so huge just like a mansion and was blasting with music. I knew I had reached Tracy's house.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped in. People threw stares at me. I just smiled. I never felt this proud. The entire place was filled with people dancing and music. I spotted Tracy with Erika and Elizabeth. I walked to her. I had to thank her. 

"Tracy!" I waved. She looked me. "Looks like you really did come."Giving me a smile."I really want to thank you."I continued. Tracy smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. "No worries." She looked at me from head to toe. "You really put in some effort." I didn't know how to reply her.So I just shot her a smile.

Erika and Elizabeth look blankly at me. "Opps. My bad." Tracy coughed. "Gera, This is Erika and Elizabeth." I smiled and waved. "Hi! Enjoy this party. Aright?" Erika exclaimed. I nodded laughing.  This just feels so good. "Yeah. Enjoy it while you can."Tracy agreed. But that made me feel insercued. What does she mean "while I can"? My thoughts were interrupted by Erika and Elizabeth.

"So Gera.."Elizabeth smiled. "Geraldine. " I interrupted. "Sorry?" Elizabeth asked. "My real name is Geraldine." "Okay.  Geraldine. Want to get a drink together?" My heartbeat might have stop a moment. "Get a -a-drink? With you guys?" I stammered. "Yeah! Why not?" Erika replied. They led me to the food table. That is what I call a spread.

I took a cup of lemonade and nervously drank it. My hands shivered. "Are you alright? Geraldine?" Elizabeth asked. "Are you feeling nervous perhaps? " Erika suggested. "No need to feel that way." I looked at them. "But I have short hair..."They shook their heads. "Well.. it doesn't matter to us. does it ? Elizabeth?" Erika turned to look at her sister. "It doesn't." Elizabeth shot me a smile. They were different from what I thought they were. I thought every popular person was a pain.

But I was wrong. They were actually being very nice to me. I didn't realize that I was to caught up talking to Elizabeth and Erika that I didn't notice that Tracy wasn't there anymore.Where was she? I looked around. No sign of her . I got my answer soon enough.

"Hello Guys! " A familiar voice cheered gathering everyone's attention.  "So nice to have you all here.Hope You'll enjoy yoursleves tonight. Let's start with a game.It's call 'Aim for that'.So you have to throw anything you can at the target.  And what...or who is the target? Well.."She paused." That would be  Gera! That Girl with short hair!" She pointed to me. What was going on? But whatever it is, it is not going to be nice at all.

-To be continued.