Chapter 3

The next thing I knew was pieces of cake, fruits and drinks were thrown on me.

"Stop.." I cried. "Please.." I squated down, covering my head with my hands. Tears rolled down. Who did I think I was to have the right to actually come or even be invited to a party? I hated myself. Why was I even born to this world?

"Stop!" A familiar voice cried out. And the "game" ceased.  I looked up. It was Erika. Elizabeth came over to me,and picked me up. She motioned for Joseph to come over to where I was and asked him to take of his jacket to cover me.

"Do you think this is fun?"Erika spoked.

I never heard her speak this way.

Elizabeth turned to the crowd. "From now on,Whoever wants to treat Geraldine this way would have me and my sister to deal with."Some people rolled their eyes. I could see Erika and Elizabeth were ruining their reputation for me.

"Oh really?" Giggled Tracy. She was obviously amused by all this. "Yes. Really." This time a stern yet calm voice spoke. It was Joseph.That was the last straw. Tracy really liked Joseph so she just had to shut up when he said that.

"Geraldine. Are you alright?"Erika whispered. I nodded. "Alright. Let's bring her over to our place."Elizabeth continued. Joseph nodded. So we left the party, leaving a very shock and furious Tracy.

Joseph drove. The whole journey was silent. Nobody spoke a word.That gave me a time and space to clear my thoughts. I looked over at Erika, she was texting somebody. Most probably Emmanuel. Then I looked over to Elizabeth. She was sitting still with her eyes closed. All I thought about was that I just ruined the relationship and probably their popularity in school.They had risk it all for me. I could never repay them.

We stopped in front of a mansion. Which was definitely bigger then Tracy's place. A person came and opened the door. He was wearing a Black tee with jeans. Joseph parked the car and Emmanuel rush towards the car. He helped me out and then the sisters.I stepped into the house and one word came into my mind. Beautiful. was the word. Erika turned towards me. "Come. You gotta take a bath." Erika led me to her bedroom while Elizabeth took a set of warm and dry clothes and passed it to me.

Once I was alone, the tears just came.

I hated myself. I could never be one of them. Why? I washed myself with warm water as the tears kept on flowing. The pain I felt could not be explained. I thought I could finally fit in. But I was wrong. Really wrong.By the time I had dried myself up, my eyes were red. It looks like I have been crying for a whole week.Finally I came out of the bathroom.

Sitting on the bed was Erika. She looked at me. She didn't look abit sad or angry. "Geraldine.  I'm really sorry what happened back there." I shook my head."No..no..It wasn't your fault."I replied. She gave me a hug. I started crying."Why? Erika.. I don't deserve this at all..being with me only brings you down. Why stoop so low for me? A boring and useless person.." "Nope. You're not."She confidently said."You're not boring neither are you useless. And I'm not above you or anything. I don't care about what others say or think.I want to be friends with you. That's all I care about."

Elizabeth happened to have come into the room. "Erika's right. We want to be friends with you Geraldine." She gave me a warm smile. I didn't know what to say. The fact that they had acknowledged me as a friend touched me.

"Alright.  The atmosphere here is too stuffy..already.."Erika joked. I smiled. Suddenly I remembered it was late. I had to go home."Elizabeth. Erika. Thank you. But I have to go home. Can you tell me how to?" I had no idea where on earth was I.

"it's already too late." Elizabeth answered. "Stay over for tonight. We can know more about each other too."

Erika nodded."This is gonna be fun!"

I smiled. I felt so blessed. I texted my Father that I would be staying over at Elizabeth's and Erika's. He agreed. I didn't deserve this. But I felt a strong connection with them, this time I was sure.

-to be continued