Chapter 9

"Geraldine? You don't look so good.." Elizabeth pointed out. She put her hand on to my shoulders. "Are you alright? "

I wanted to cry out loud. I felt that I have betrayed everyone. Erika, Elizabeth and even him.

I forced a smile. "I'm alright! Totally fine! But still thank you." Elizabeth nodded. "No problem."

I looked at Emmanuel. He seemed to know what has happened. We stared at each other for three seconds. I could feel my cheeks heating up, so I turned away.

"Okay.. so let's have some fun now!" Erika suggested. "Like?" Elizabeth asked.

"How about truth or dare?" Joseph suggested.

"No!" I suddenly said. Everyone turned to look at me.

"Erm...what I meant was.. why don't we play something else? Like board games?"

I knew that was dumb but I had to say something right?

"Geraldine...that's like erm.." Elizabeth replied."We'll just stick to truth or dare."

I sighed. "Alright..alright."

We sat in a circle I sat in between Erika and Elizabeth.

"Tomorrow we'll be getting down and we'll go to the theme park! " Erika exclaimed.

"Yess!!" Elizabeth clapped for joy.

"Sure! That'll be awesome!" I agreed. Forget about today. I've never ever been to a theme park before.

"Okays. Let's play the game." Joseph continued.

"Alright Guys. It's similar to spin the bottle but we'll just add the 'truth or dare' to it."Erika explained. We nodded.

She put a glass bottle on the centre of the table. And she started off but spinning it.

And it pointed to... Elizabeth.

"Alright. I choose Truth." She excitedly said.

"I'll ask." Joseph smiled.

"Do you love me?" He smirked.

Elizabeth kissed him. "Yes I do. Darling."

"Oh Gosh. Seriously Joseph! You aren't that fun at all. It's like asking the obvious. " Erika crossed her arms.

I laughed and so did Emmanuel. He wasn't as cold as I thought..

"I had to make sure ." Joseph shrugged his shoulders.

So we spin the bottle again and this time it fell to Emmanuel.

"I'll ask!" Elizabeth raised her hand.

Erika nodded.

"So..Emmanuel..do you love my sister?"

The moment that question came out of Elizabeth's mouth, I felt my heart ache.

I didn't know why it hurt. I smiled."Elizabeth. Isn't it still asking the obvious?"

I looked at Emmanuel. And he looked back then he looked down.

"I'll ask." I volunteered. I wanted to really break all the tension rising.

"So..Truth or Dare?" I turned to look at Emmanuel. Obviously she forgot to ask him that and straight away assume he wanted truth.

"Dare." He replied calmly.

"Hmm...can you play the violin for us?" I looked towards him.

"That'll be great!" Erika put her hands together.