Chapter 4

"Here."Elizabeth passed me a cup of hot chocolate. "Thanks."I smiled.

Erika was sitting next to me. While Elizabeth laid on the bed.

"Do you guys live here alone? Where's your parents? "I asked looking around.

"Well...our parents are overseas along with Emmanuel's parents. They kinda work together."Elizabeth answered.

I drank a sip of the hot choclate."Emmanuel? So he stays here with you guys?"

Erika nodded. "He's been staying here since last year. "

"How bout Joseph? "I looked over to Elizabeth. "Erm..Well ..I met him on my own. So I invited him to stay here. He is Emmanuel's cousin."Elizabeth replied.

"Oh..I see."I drank another sip.

"Geraldine, how about your parents? "

Erika asked.

"Well.. My mom's is erm...gone." I mumbled.

"Opps! Sorry.." Erika apologized.

"It's alright... My dad along with my sister are with me. But my sister has gone off to college so now it's just me and my dad .."I gulped down the rest of the hot choclate.

"Alright.. Anyway what do you wanna do? Hold on... We haven't introduce you to Joseph and Emmanuel haven't we?" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Nope. We haven't. "Erika agreed.

They led me out of their room. Down the hallway then to the study.

"Joseph? Emmanuel?" Elizabeth called out.

Joseph stopped reading and put down his book. Emmanuel put down the violin. They walked towards the three of us.

"This is Geraldine, our new friend."Erika smiled."And Geraldine, this is my boyfriend, Emmanuel."

Emmanuel gave a slight bow. I could tell he didn't speak much.

His eyes was hazel brown which matched his hair.His skin was beautifully tanned. One word.

Gorgeous.

"And this is Elizabeth's boyfriend, Joseph. " Erika continued.

Unlike Emmanuel, Joseph was outspoken. "Hey Geraldine."He smiled.

Comparing them, Joseph was definately more good-looking. But there was something that stands out in Emmanuel.

We spent the rest of the night talking about all things beneath the heavens.

"Okay.. it's 3 am now. Gotta sleep. " Elizabeth mentioned.

We all went to bed. I slept in Erika's room. As I closed my eyes, I couldn't help but smile. My heart was jumping. I never felt this way before.

I actually had friends. Then I went into slumber.

*Next day*

I could hear the birds chirping, the sun rays seeping through the windows.

I looked around. I saw Erika sleeping soundly on her bed.

I smiled as I hugged myself. It wasn't a dream. I felt relieved.

I went down from my bed, and realized that was a balcony. Quietly, I opened the doors that led out. I walked out and stretch myself.

In front of me, was a huge garden. It was beautiful. It was so colourful.

With flowers scattered everywhere.

I took in a deep breath. My heart felt so much happiness.

Then I heard music. A beautifully played music. I looked down. Emmanuel was playing the violin.

The song was beautiful yet sad. I can't help myself feel that.

I looked over to Erika as she slept.Did something happen between them?

I look over to Emmanuel again. This time he looked up. I couldn't but stare in to that hazel brown eyes. I felt my heart beat faster.

What's happening to me? I brushed it off.

I went back in to the room and hid beneath the covers of the bed. My face felt hot.

Geraldine. That was nothing. You did not see anyone or felt anything.

I'm not going to let something this minor destroy my friendship with Erika.

It was almost impossible for me to have a friend and now I do.

I'm not giving it up for anything. Not even the world.

-To be continued