thirty.

Arabella Easton

It's only 1 A.M. He'll be back in his room soon.

I tossed myself to the other side of the bed and pulled his sheets over my head. I scrunched up my legs close to my chest and sighed. Brandon hasn't been talking to me ever since I came over, even though he was the one who asked me to come over. The moment I walked through the door, Brandon only looked at me twice and moved himself to the studio in the garage. Not even a "hey or a "hi." My thoughts couldn't go away as the house was dead silent besides the occasional shrieks and laughs heard from Zion's Fortnite hours. I hit my head back on the pillows and looked at my phone.

1:02 A.M.

I dreaded Brandon's clinginess more than ever and the thought of Brandon ignoring me was the only thing I could think about. I didn't do anything to him and if I did, I didn't know what it was. I ended up not calling or texting Mark after what happened with me and Brandon even though it was my intension to. I stayed inside the house the whole span I didn't see Brandon, which was only two days.

Maybe Brandon's going through some phase and I'll just wait till the morning.

I let out one more deep sigh before closing my eyes and finally falling into deep slumber.

.  .  .

I stretched my arms into the air and looked to my right.

No Brandon.

I groaned as my feet touched the cold wooden floors. Brandon must've really hated me or something because he'd usually snuggle right next to me and leave his head in the crook of my neck. I shrugged and began to brush my teeth, hoping that he'd come in any second. I held the brush in my mouth as I heard the door creek open slightly. Brandon came through the door and looked around for a quick second. I immediately spit out my tooth paste and walked until I was standing right next to him. I waited for him to take action, but instead, he kept rummaging around his desk.

"Brandon," I called, tapping my nails on his desk. I watched as the boy did absolutely nothing to my words and pretend I wasn't even standing next to him. "Brandon talk to me," I demanded. Still no response. "Brandon did I do something?" Brandon's look softened to my words.

"No, Ara no," Brandon sighed. The boy finally placed his hand on my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"You weren't in bed all night," I complained, not being satisfied by Brandon's demonstration of affection.

"I was in the studio," Brandon said softly, caressing my cheek.

"I know. You didn't even come back when I woke up," I replied, "where did you sleep?" Brandon ignored my question and took a deep breath.

"Listen Ara I'm working hard in the studio okay? Please trust me when it comes to nights like those," Brandon said. I looked down at my feet and nodded. Brandon smiled and snakes his arms around my back. "I hope you understand."

"I do B," I said, "but don't overwork yourself."

"Don't worry about me," Brandon beamed. I ran my fingers through his hair, knowing that it would please him. "Can you stay another night?"

"B at this point I'm rarely home," I informed, "I have to help Audrey run errands anyways." Brandon nodded and placed one last kiss on my cheek.

"Text me when you get home," Brandon beamed.

.  .  .

It's been a long day of Audrey and I running back and fourth between destinations. Errands were always the worst days and I dreaded it the most. Luckily, Audrey and I successfully finished and made it back home. I plopped down on my bed and scrolled through my phone for a bit. I remembered promising Brandon to text him when I got home, so I decided that this would be the perfect time.

ara:
b

brAndon

ArReaGa

baby

answer me 🥺

sorry I didn't text you sooner I got busy with errands

Brandon usually would text back right away but this time was different. I placed my phone down and left it to charge while I went to make a smoothie, hoping that Brandon would leave a text by then. I made my way to the kitchen and cut up some fresh fruit I found in the fridge. I tossed the food into a small blender and whipped up a smoothie for both Audrey and I.

"Okay which smoothie is it this time?" Audrey smiled, peeking her head out from her room. I ushered her over to the fresh smoothie I poured into a cup, finished off with a straw. Audrey wrapped her lips on the straw and took a long sip.

"Strawberries, bananas, random things I grabbed out of the fridge," I informed. Audrey nodded her head as I watched the smoothie get to a lower level inside the cup. I dusted off my hands along the fabric of my shirt and tossed the blender into the sink, along with Audrey's cup. Only a few minutes have passed but I knew that Brandon would've responded to me by then. I hurriedly walked to my room and grabbed my phone in my hands.

No text back.

I frowned at the sight and sighed.

He's busy. He'll respond when he has time.

I sat myself down on the couch and turned on the T.V.,hoping that watching Adventure Time would serve as a distraction as to why Brandon wasn't responding. I started straight at the screen until I heard a soft vibrate from the corner of the couch. My phone lit up with a picture of Edwin, signaling a call from the boy.

"CALL FROM: EGGWIN 😎💙"

I smiled and quickly picked up the phone.

"Ayo Ara," Edwin beamed.

"Hey Ed watchu need?" I smiled.

"There's a party at the house tomorrow and you should come."

"Oh?"

"Yeah I'm assuming B already told you about it but-"

"Actually he didn't text me all day."

"Well he's been in the studio and his phone is right next to him..... anyways come through tomorrow."

"I'll think about it."

"K love you girly I gotta go Zion wants me to help him with some shit."

"Love you too Ed." I ended the call and sighed. I knew Brandon was busy and he told me not worry about him. I shrugged it off and put my eyes on the T.V.

.  .  .

5 hours have passed and still no response from Brandon. I was beginning to get a bit worried, so I decided to give him a call. I pressed on his contact and brought the phone up to my ear.

A series of rings traveled through my ear as I begged that Brandon would answer the phone.

Im sorry, the person you have tried to call is not available. At the tone, please record your message.

"Hey B I know you're busy but please call me back as soon as possible. I love you tons."

hey guys!!! I do plan on ending this book soon BUT I wanna write a sequel to it. More details will come up once the book actually ends but lmk if you want a sequel laid ease <3