ten.

Arabella Easton

When I arrived to the restaurant, Edwin was already waiting in the parking lot.

"Hey Ara," Edwin smiled giving me a big hug. Being in his arms felt nice and comforting.

"Thanks for agreeing to help me set up," I said opening the trunk. We both sat in comfortable silence while I pulled things out from my trunk.

"You know Brandon hasn't talked to us ever since everything happened," Edwin said. I sat at the edge of my trunk and put my hands in my lap.

"Do you even know what happened?" I questioned.

"Not a clue," Edwin replied leaning over my car. I took a deep sigh and told Edwin every single detail of what happened. I kept in the tears but choked out my words. "Hey B can't decide for shit but I know he's in love with you," Edwin let out.

"He says he loves me but he has a funny way of showing it," I sighed. I got off the edge of my trunk and carried the cords in my hands.

"B can't handle being stupid," Edwin chuckled as he reached in my trunk for the speaker. We both walked into the restaurant and set down the stuff on the stage. The restaurant had a proscenium stage set up and was perfect for me to see every single person in the crowd.

"If Brandon loves me why did he ask for Charlotte back in his bed?" I asked as I unwrapped the cords.

"I don't know Ara. All I know is that he's been a lot more happier with the thought of you," Edwin said adjusting the speakers.

"Who told you that?" I questioned.

"Him," Edwin replied. I raised my eyebrow at Edwin's words. "He told me that he was happier with you and that he's been enjoying himself a lot lately." I stopped unwrapping the cords.

"Well he had a chance to show it," I began, "but he had to mess it up." Edwin stood up and we began to walk back to my car. Once we were done setting up, Edwin and I sat at a table, waiting for the boys to come. As we were snacking on our chicken tenders, Nick, Zion, Austin, and Brandon came through the door. I stood up and hugged each one of them except for Brandon. He looked me up and down and didn't say anything. I shrugged it off and sat back down in my seat.

"So whatchu singing tonight?" Zion asked as he took some chicken tenders in his hand.

"Someone like you by Adele," I replied.

"That's a good one Ara," Austin smiled taking a seat. I had noticed Brandon isolated himself from the rest of us by scooting his chair back a bit further and using his phone. I was wondering if Charlotte even came that night or even if he thought about me. My thoughts came to a stop once I had realized it was 5:30. I picked up my duffle bag right next to me and stood up from my chair.

"Hey guys I'll be right back I need to change," I informed. Everyone nodded their heads as I made my way to the bathroom.

Brandon Arreaga's POV

Ara looked so good and I couldn't lie. She was pure gold in a mine of coal and I wanted her more than anything. The day Ara found out I talked to Charlotte, I ended up canceling on her which ended up into a fight over the phone.

"Hey B," Edwin snapped. I was knocked out of my thoughts and I turned my attention towards the boys who were all watching me.

"What?" I questioned. Edwin took a deep sigh and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Listen, I know what happened because I was helping Ara set up for today," he began, "and she told me everything."

"Okay?" I replied.

"Brandon I don't know what's happening to you but snap the fuck out of it," Edwin said.

"I'm doing fine and you aren't even apart of what happened so don't try to butt into it," I replied.

"Brandon you're hurting yourself and we all know it," Austin said. Inside I knew that Austin was right. When I was about to respond, my phone rang. It was from Charlotte. All the boys looked at me as if they already knew it was Charlotte.

"Bro don't answer it," Zion said.

"It might be important," I said back. I felt their eyes roll in defeat as I went outside and took the call.

"Hey B," Charlotte said.

"What do you want?" I questioned.

"Listen I just wanted to say sorry for fighting last night," Charlotte sighed.

"Thanks but we are for real through Charlotte," I said.

"You know you don't mean that," Charlotte smiled.

"I'm not falling for you again Charlotte, we are through," I repeated.

"Right. You keep saying that, but you also keep begging for me to climb back into your bed," Charlotte laughed.

"I'm not in love with you," I let out.

"Yeah I'll wait for your call tonight asking me to have sex with you," Charlotte chuckled.

"Well you'll be waiting for a long time cause it's not gunna happen," I said. Before she could reply, I ended the call. I went back inside and Ara was already sitting back down with the rest of the boys. Her dress was revealing and I stared at her for every single moment I could.

"His management dmed me while I was in the fucking bathroom!" I heard Ara hell in excitement. As she turned her phone to all the boys, their eyes lit up.

"Oh my god Ara," Nick smiled.

"Ara this is huge!" Edwin exclaimed hugging her. Ara smiled into Edwin's arms as he rocked her back and forth.

"They wanna meet with me tomorrow at his studio," Ara grinned. I made my way back to my seat and pretended to not know what was going on.

"Hey Brandon Bazzi's management asked Ara to meet tomorrow," Austin smiled. I looked at Ara and gave her a wide grin.

"Congrats Easton," I greeted. Ara flashed a genuine smile at me. I haven't seen that smiled directed towards me for way too long.

"Thanks," she said back. Her contact made me flush red.

I really fucking love this girl.

Arabella Easton's POV

It was time for me to perform, so I stood up on the stage and took the mic off its stand.

"Hi everyone I'm Arabella Easton and tonight I'll be performing someone like you by Adele. As always if you'd like to support me, I have a lil hat right on top of the speaker if you wanna leave some tips. Feel free to ask my questions after my performance. Thank you!" I smiled. The people who lingered in the restaurant applauded, and the boys clapped the loudest.

"I heard, that you're settled down. That you found a girl and you're, married now..." I sang. I felt Brandon's eyes pierce through me as he stared me down. As I glanced down at him as he licked his lips. Every time I peered at the crowd, Brandon would always be looking at me. I tried to not think of it as anything, and I kept singing my song.

I've never loved and hated someone so much.