twenty nine.

Arabella Easton

"I swear Jamba Juice is really good," I laughed. Brandon took a sip from his smoothie and shrugged.

"I mean it's okay.... but I've tasted better," Brandon said, "one day I'll take you to that smoothie place."

"Nah I only bow down to Jamba Juice," I beamed. I watched as Brandon picked up his backpack and attached it to his back. I fixed his crooked glasses and pushed his hair back. "Okay promise me you'll get home safe B."

"I will princess," he reassured. Brandon grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it, pulling me into a hug. His hands fell onto my upper back as I threw my arms over his shoulders. "When does your sister get back?"

"I really don't know but she'll be back sometime."

"Want me to stay until she gets back?"

"B you should get going before it gets too dark," I informed. Brandon nodded at me and felt around his pockets for something.

"Wait lemme get my phone I think I left it in your room," Brandon beamed. I nodded and watched him walk to my room, leaving me alone in the living room area. As I headed for the door knob, a surprise ring from the doorbell caught me by surprise. I scrunched up my eyebrows and shifted my head to the side.

Who could be ringing this late?

I shrugged it off and unlocked the door only to reveal a familiar yet distant face. I examined the boy who stood in front of me and my heart fell to the bottom of my chest. The same features I thought I fell in love with three damn years ago.

"Mark?"

"Ara-"

"No what are you doing here?"

"I just wanna talk everything out-"

"No you can't be here leave." His eyes pierced me like they did three years ago. All of his features were the same but only three years older. The boy who practically dragged tears out of my eyes three years ago. The reason why I cried all night was standing in front of me. My hands trembled at the touch of the door as his eyes were still looking into mine.

"Ara who is that?" Brandon called from behind me.

"Brandon-"

"Wow who the fuck are you?" Brandon growled. Brandon looked Mark up and down before putting one of his hands on my wrist.

"B calm down-"

"So this is your new boy?" Mark asked.

"Mark what's your deal?" I sassed, attempting to wiggle my wrist out of Brandon's grip. Brandon's grip only tightened around my wrist, making it highly uncomfortable.

"How'd you find her house?" Brandon scoffed, pushing me behind him.

"Look I don't know who you are but I just came here to talk to Ara," Mark replied. I managed to push my way through Brandon and stand in front of the door frame.

"Mark please leave," I begged. Mark reached for my hand and took out a piece of paper from us pocket. Brandon quickly hit his hand off mine and pulled me back.

"Don't touch her," Brandon said. Mark's look softened as we both realized that Brandon wouldn't let him get close to me.

"Ara please text or call me," Mark replied. I watched as he left walked off my porch and headed for his car. Brandon wrapped his arm across my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. Mark's car left my driveway and disappeared into the darkness of the night.

"Baby are you okay?" Brandon questioned, cupping my cheeks. I nodded at him and removed myself from his grip.

"B you should get going," I sighed.