three.

Arabella Easton

@arayee: enjoyed putting on a show tonight 💗liked by prettymuch, audrey

💗
liked by prettymuch, audrey.east, and 25,368 others

user 1: ur so pretty let me be you
@audrey.east: my bubs gorgeous
@arayee: @audrey.east ilysm 🥴
user 2: release sum songs pls
user 3: I wanna see you perform!
@prettymuch: 🔥🔥
user 4: @prettymuch OMG THEY COMMENTED
view all 424 comments

I sighed as I opened my DMs to reveal one message from the band.

prettymuch:
Hey Arabella it's Edwin! You pullin up tmrw?

arayee:
Of course around 12 right?

prettymuch:
yup see can't wait to see ya tmrw 🔥
seen

I decided that I would just leave him on read because I didn't know how to respond to the message. I had to admit that I was excited, but I was also scared. I had no idea what to expect from this boyband, but I was pretty sure that I'd be fine. I was sure that this experience wouldn't hurt me. I rested my head on my pillow and closed my eyes.

. . .

"Ara! BUB wake up! It's 11:00 and this is the 5th time I had to scream at your head ass!" I heard my sister yell from a distance. I shook my head into my pillow and slowly opened my eyes. The sun shined onto my skin as i sat up on my bed. I rubbed my eyes and stared at my sheets. I smiled to myself and snatched my phone from its charger.

11:00 AM

"11.... HOLY SHIT ITS 11," I squealed as I nearly slipped on the floor with my socks. I ran out my door as my sister greeted me with pancakes.

"Ara you need to manage your time your always late to things like this," Audrey laughed as I stabbed my fork into my pancake.

"Shut up Audrey" I said as I stuffed my pancake into my mouth. I left the rest on the plate and gave my sister a tight squeeze. I hurried back into my room and undressed out of my pajamas. I took a fast shower and changed into my outfit for the day. I put on the tiniest bit of makeup and shoved my feet into my shoes. I ran back out my room to the bag rack in front of the door.

"Bye stupid ass have fun," my sister teased.

"Bye stupid bitch I will," I smiled as I stuck out my tongue. I took my backpack off the hook and grabbed my keys by the side table. I opened my car and threw my backpack into the seat next to it. I turned my keys into the car and set up my GPS on my phone to the location Edwin wrote on the napkin. I drove for what felt like about thirty minutes until I ended up at a decently sized looking house. It had a big front yard with a van that was spray painted with images and the band name "PRETTYMUCH" all over. I took a deep breath and put my keys into my backpack. I opened my car door and stepped onto the car's edge, as I placed my hand over my eyes to block out the sun from shining into my face. "3582," I read the numbers on the house out loud, "this is it." I started up the pathway and stood right in front of the door. Before I could even knock, Edwin opened the door.

"Arabella!" Edwin smiled. He welcomed me into a tight squeeze.

"Hey Edwin," I grinned as I walked inside.

"Yo guys Arabella's here," Edwin yelled. A few seconds later the other 4 boys of the band came to greet me. "Guys, this is Arabella. She's the singer from the restaurant."

"Call me Ara," I beamed.

"Aye you have major talent. Im Zion by the way," the one with dreads greeted.

"Facts. They call me Nick, but you can call me anytime," the second one said, winking with finger guns pointed towards me. I chuckled at his attempt at flirting. "Aye it was worth a shot," Nick shrugged.

"And I'm Austin, the most normal out of all of us," the third one said.

"And I'm Brandon." Brandon took my hand and kissed it. So Brandon's the one from the restaurant that caught my eye. The one with the glasses that perfectly framed his face and the one with the same messy yet organized floppy hair that landed right above his eyebrows. I looked into his eyes for just a second, then looked away.

"I think I like my homie Austin," I smiled as Brandon folded his arms.

"And that right there is pure taste," Austin said.

"So let's show her our at home studio guys," Edwin suggested. I followed right behind Edwin and into their garage.

"Wow this is fuckin sick," I said walking over to the mini keyboard that sat right on top of a black desk.

"Yeah no one really knows how any of this works besides Brandon because he's the one who creates most of our beats and stuff," Edwin said as he patted Brandon's back, "I have a slight idea on how to use it, but Brandon knows the most out of all of us."

"We only in here if we aren't at an actual studio, but we still record shit in here a lot," Zion smiled. I took time to look at their garage. It had purple Christmas lights hung on the roof with a brown worn out couch to the right, and a washing machine to the left.

"I can show you how to create beats and how to get started with this if you'd like," Brandon suggested.

"I would love that," I responded.

"Welp we'll leave y'all to it just let us know if you need anything," Edwin said as he walked out the door, a long with Zion, Nick, and Austin. Brandon ushered me to sit on the chair that was set right before the keyboard and all the other equipment. As I sat down, he rested one arm on the top of the chair, and leaned over to open his laptop. Brandon scrolled through all this tracks and pressed on "create new."

"So you record a lot huh?" I questioned to break the comfortable silence.

"Oh yeah I record a lot. I stay up at nights just recording until I get the right tempo or get the right beat," Brandon said, "Have you recorded before?"

"Not like this or not with a real mic or a real beat or anything. I usually just plug in my shitty headphones into my laptop and sing into the mic while I get a karaoke song that fits what I'm singing," I laughed.

"Well ya got lyrics?" He asked.

"Actually I do," I said. I took my backpack off my back and pulled out a black journal. The inside was filled with song lyrics and scribbled feelings. "I always start writing my songs with a specific feeling. Like if I'm happy I'd want a happier beat and if I was sad I would want a slower beat you know?" I smiled as I looked behind me to see Brandon.

"Yeah for sure always convey the mood," Brandon beamed. I grinned and shuffled to a random page that had complete lyrics.

"So I also never write a song without saying what it's about on top, and who it maybe might be about," I continued. I explained my whole thinking and writing process and Brandon seemed to be interested in every word that came out of my mouth because he never took his eyes off of me.

"I love your writing process I think it's cute," Brandon said as he pushed up his glasses. He grabbed a chair from the corner of the garage and brought it right next to me. He plopped right down and looked at my eyes. "Sing a song to me."

"Right now?" I asked as Brandon nodded. I flipped to some pages and stopped at the right one. "This one's about love, even though I've never been in love," I said, "but this is what I imagine it to feel like..." I began to sing the lyrics scribbled down in my journal as Brandon listened to everything I sang. I occasionally peered up from my journal to analyze how Brandon closed his eyes and nodded his head to my voice.

He looked cute and I couldn't deny it.

But it was for sure that I wouldn't fall in love with someone like him. Things just don't  happen like that.

hey guys lmk if you want more 💗
xxx-h