Izumi and the Plan

Izumi's POV

My thoughts were interrupted as Naruto came up behind the three of us, "I guess that's why you're always talking so insensitively!" He groaned at Sai, "We're about to go! Captain Yamato told me to come get you guys."

"Okay." Sakura responded.

The blond gave the artwork a quick look, "Hmph! That picture's nothing special!"

I was about to scold my friend when the dark-haired boy came back with a quick comeback, "That's right." He agreed with a smile, "Just like your penis."

I had to choke back a laugh at the flustered expression that fell over Naruto's face, "Guh..." the blond murmured before breaking out into a loud shout, "I'm not kidding when I say I really can't stand you!!!" He pointed as Sai just continued sitting there, "If you've got something you wanna say to me, quit the fake smile and tell me to my face!! If it's a fight you're after, I'm game!!"

"Alright...!" I sighed taking hold of the back of Naruto's collar and starting to pull, "That most certainly is enough of that..." he didn't even bother trying to fight as I dragged him off, "That's good..." I muttered softly releasing a slight breath of relief, "I was worried you were actually gonna make me do things..."

Yamato's POV

"Here's just fine." We'd been walking for quite some time in the woods and even through the trees it was easy to see the faint glow of the moon light peeking out from behind their foliage. I pressed my hands together, "We'll camp here for the night." A house sprang from the ground where there had once been an empty patch of grass.

"I wouldn't really call this camping..." Sakura admitted softly as they all found their way inside.

"Everyone, come here for a bit." I called after everyone had settled into the place for the night, "And, Sakura..." I addressed the pink-haired girl, "There's something I'd like you to tell me."

Said girl looked up from whatever she was doing and gave a quizzical expression, "What is it?"

"It's about Sasori of the Akatsuki." I told her before elaborating further, "I got Sasori's file from the Sand as a starter, but tell me about his behavior, characteristics, and habits. Because you're the only one who's ever seen Sasori."

"Why're you asking that?" Naruto inquired looking up from his own business.

"The Akatsuki spy in Orochimaru's ranks will come to the Tenchi Bridge expecting Sasori." I explained tactfully as the four kept their eyes locked on me, "He might see through it right away, but it's best to transform into Sasori to approach him."

"Being a spy has a fair share of risks, "Sai added, "So he will most likely be on his guard."

"Just in case this is a trap set by the Akatsuki, I will go ahead alone first." I nodded at Sai's remark, "You will all be on standby waiting for my instructions."

"Given that there was an akatsuki spy in the sand, and that he was about to die at the time... I really don't think that he was lying..." The pinknette put in seriously.

"Still that spy..." Sai spoke again, "He must be extremely skillful..."

"Let's do it...!"

"Right." I agreed nodding once more at Naruto's current enthusiasm, "Now for the real problem... "I've already told you the concrete plans for the mission ahead. Our objective is purely capture. Under no circumstances must the target be killed. Even if it results in battle. If they are killed, we may have lost a valuable information source. The mission is more difficult than simply defeating the enemy. Given that it's a target mission, I'll be the first to go in. And you will all act as backups. The strategy is simple. First, I will restrain the target. Second, if I fail to restrain them and a battle situation arises, you will all prepare to fight. I'll signal you in that case. And if we reach a situation as in part two, then we must fight via the buddy system. In this case there will be a group of two and a group of three. Now, I'll decide on the buddies." I thought a moment considering each person's distinct abilities, "First, Naruto and Sai. Second, Sakura, Izumi, and myself.

"But..." Sakura mumbled nervously sending a wary glance at her two male teammates.

"Sakura, you are our only medical ninja. So that you are not injured yourself, I will be with you."

A short silence fell over the group as Naruto started to glare at Sai rather intensely, "Hiya!" Sai responded to the stare.

"Captain Yamato!!!" Naruto complained jabbing a finger at his teammate, "Why the hell am I with..."

"Ah, shut your damn trap about Mr. Fake smile over there." Izumi, who had been silent the entire time, finally piped up. You hardly know the guy and you don't like him, get over it!" She crossed her arms mumbling as the blond shrank back a bit. I was about to tease the boy a bit with a scary face of my own, but oh well...

"Keeping all that in mind." I spoke calmly again, "This isn't exactly normal, but... Tomorrow, we'll spend the day on a simulation for teamwork. I know nothing about all of you other than what is in your files." Izumi gave a light roll of her eyes as she crossed her arms loosely across her chest. She was the exception after all, "I'd like to know things like your fighting methods, battle skills, and array of jutsu. And through getting to know each other, smoothen up your teamwork. You might think I'm being too serious, but that's how I do things... So put your all in it."

Izumi's POV

We had been practicing for quite awhile the next day, most of the day really, but were now taking a break after the others had quite a falling out over comrades and Sasuke and the like. Hell, I was shaken myself. I hated how much that smug, pompous bastard's face kept popping back up in my head. Like he was supposed to be there. Like it couldn't be any other way. I was sat on the branch of a tree with my back resting against its thick trunk.

"You did it on purpose, right?" I murmured with my eyes closed as I sensed Tenzo Sensei's chakra, "You wanted to see what was wrong with me up close and personal. They should have told you enough to know that I work best with Naruto."

"Alright, you've got me..." He admitted resting against the base of the same tree, "There's a lot we have to talk about, but there isn't the time." He replied hands in his pockets, "There is time for a little bit though... You're still holding back."

I sighed half tempted to cover my ears at the speech that was sure to come, "You really think I want to hear this crap again?" I glanced down at him.

"Damn it..." He muttered softly clearly trying to the best of his ability not to lose his temper with me, "Izumi, you know I care about you, right?" I gave a light huff letting him know that I understood, "This isn't just about you not trusting yourself... You don't trust the Seikatsu and its related techniques. That's why you still haven't used them since you got back to the village. It's not good for you to keep holding back your Senju genes like that and you know that too. Like I said we don't have the time right now, but there'll be plenty of time when we get back to the village. It's time that we talk about your parents, Izumi."

"What?" I said to both him and me as I flipped gracefully out of the tree onto my feet, "They lived, and they died. What more is there to know?"

"Your eyes, Izumi." He turned away from me as he started to walk away, "Do take care of them. It's time that we get going now. So please, hurry along."

Update, update, update! I'll try to update this more this week to make up for being gone, but of course this is the one week that I'm actually doing something outside of chores and work. Who knows mate... Your author is really stressed right now because life. As I said I'm moving in a few months, so there's a lot of stuff to get around. Not too mention me actually getting some ya know... Social interaction. Welp, until next time!

--Amy