Izumi and the Counterattack

Kakashi's POV

"It's not that easy..." I admitted keeping on the akatsuki member's trail, "No matter how much we follow he's not giving us an opportunity. He's someone who entered the sand by himself and defeated Gaara. Above all he is a member of the Akatsuki." My two teammates remained silent as I spoke, "You two are going to have to create an opening for me... When you've taken in everything I've said listen up. I'll tell you the plan."

. . .

"Kakashi Sensei... Still?!?" Naruto huffed turning to me in a panic.

"I told you, don't be in such a hurry..."I groaned with my hands together as I focused my chakra, "Since I don't have as much chakra as the two of you... It takes time... But I'm ready now. Let's go, you two!"

Izumi blinked in surprise as my eye was revealed, "That's... What you said before..." Naruto muttered looking shocked himself.

"Yes, it's a new type of Sharingan." I explained as the blond stared at my silently, "What is it?"

"Kakashi Sensei..." Naruto glowered with clenched teeth, "It's okay if you screw up..." he told me, "Because I'll finish it off!"

"Yeah..." I muttered softly, "If you get a chance..."

"Got it!"

Mangekyou Sharingan! I increased my focus on the akatsuki member. An aura surrounded my target slowly pulling him inward before snapping back entirely taking his arm with it, Shit... "Guh..." I grunted placing a hand over my sharingan eye, I missed... I still can't properly control the location and size of the barrier limiting the area. I tried once again but stopped in the middle as my two teammates made their assault. Izumi came from below sending a flurry of tree roots ensnaring Deidara as Naruto came from above blaring his rasengan.

"What...?" the Blond akatsuki member muttered shock right before the hits landed sending him and the clay creature, he had been rising on tumbling to the forested earth below.

Yes!!!

As everything came falling down Naruto created a group of shadow clones and went to procure the part of the creature that had contained Gaara's motionless body, "Gaara!" he cried out taking hold of a large section of clay.

My sharingan eye returned to its ordinary state not a moment later as Izumi came up beside me, "Are you alright, Sensei?" She asked quickly flashing me a wary look.

"I will be." I confirmed with a nod as we both turned our gaze to Naruto as he dug through the clay.

Naruto's POV

I was entirely still when my clones finally unveiled Gaara. His eyes were closed, and his broken body was limp in its place. This wasn't right. Gaara's journey wasn't supposed to end here. There's no way I could let them get away with this.

Deidara tried to limp away from the place that he'd landed, but was soon stopped by my voice, "I'll get you." I warned my back to him.

"Gotcha... Gotcha..." He chuckled lightly as he recoiled from his injuries, "I'll fight you again soon, hm."

"You've let your guard down." Kakashi Sensei commented narrowing his eyes at our opponent.

Izumi's POV

Just as Kakashi Sensei's sentence ended Naruto was on his feet and sending a punch directly into the akatsuki member's face before creating another group of clones that surrounded his target. They dug their fists into Deidara an endless number of times before sending another rasengan into him, but unfortunately the enemy had replaced himself with a clay clone before the attack could make contact. As the smoke cleared a fearsome image was left in its wake. Naruto was hunched over the clay figure and an orange cloak of chakra had permeated from his body making him look even more fox like than he already had and the way his body moved was definitely less than human.

The way he was acting made me shiver all the way to the tips of my wings as I made a glance at my sensei who looked just as worried about my friend as I did, "Kakashi Sensei..." I hissed softly giving him a wary look as he seemingly analyzed the situation.

"Right." He said as he gave me a curt nod.

Alright, here we go... I thought as I flew behind the blond teen wrapping my arms around his torso from behind and used my wood-style to bind him even further, Dang... that bloody burns... My face clenched around him tighter, How the hell does he...?

Kakashi Sensei placed a special piece of paper to his forehead immediately whisking away the powerful chakra and leaving Naruto passed in my arms as I struggled to regain my breath.

Hanako's POV

I had just woken up to an empty house a uncommon happening in my house, as I made my way downstairs a wind chime clanged against the side of the house and a foreboding air blew in the open window. My skin crawled as I brushed a long tangle of hair over my shoulder. I took a shiny, red apple from the fridge biting into the tender flesh as a small, gentle knock came upon the door. I waited a moment wondering if I had heard right before the knocking came again a little louder and harder than before.

Father? "Come in?" I questioned hoping that my intuition was right as I grabbed for a knife from one of the kitchen drawers, "You don't have to knock, ya know..."

There was a pinched, high-pitched laugh on the other side of the door before it creaked open revealing a pair of raven eyes and hair to match, "I'm so glad... You know I can't come in unless you invite me..." Her voice was a high croak as she came farther inside causing me to back against the counter clenching my fingers around the handle of the knife even harder, "Now, now..." She smirked the corners of her mouth dragging upwards an almost impossible amount, "This will only take a moment.

As I blinked only once I found the girl right on top of me, "What...?" Her sharp points for fingers dug into the skin just below my ribs, "Guh..." I whimpered as she reached within me deeper cutting through my insides, "No... Release!" I slashed at her throat bringing me back to the real world.

Panting a moment, I looked at the motionless copy of myself on the ground. It'd been awhile since I'd gotten stuck in a Suzuki Clan genjutsu and furthermore to get caught in one of my own was less than pleasant. Last time it'd been during a training session with my father and the occasion had given me nightmares for weeks and this was likely to end the same way...

"Damn, talk about a confidence booster..." I laughed lightly as I rubbed away the dirt from my skirt, "I never thought that I would be that much of a challenge."

Up to chapter nine in this book already and another urban legend inspired genjutsu (It was the black-eyed children this time). I really am proud of myself for being this consistent, so that's a thing I suppose. Whoop, happy pride month by the way! Your gay author is here being excited about rainbows much to my extended relatives dismay.  I'm not sorry. I mean come on I don't flaunt myself that much (thinks for a moment) well um... Maybe not that part. Welp, until next time!

-- Amy