Izumi and the Seikatsu

Izumi's POV

"At this point, it's no longer a fight between ninja..." Kabuto chortled at us as we watched Naruto and Orochimaru continued their onslaught, "As much as a fight between monsters, wouldn't you agree?" Naruto let out a beastly howl as Orochimaru forced him against the rocky outcropping, "Will you look at that? I guess he wanted to save Sasuke enough to end up like that..." I growled glaring at the silver-haired man as the tears started to well up in my pink-haired teammate's eyes, "Right now he's not even conscious... What a sad kid..."

Sakura gaped a moment as the tears started to run down her face before she ground her teeth together and bolted for the blond, "Sakura stop!" Captain Yamato ordered with a shout, "You can't go near Naruto right now!"

What's she doing?!? I thought in a panic as I froze forgetting about my own situation as she ignored our captain's warnings, Does she want to die?!?

"Naruto!" Sakura cried incoherently as she ran toward him, "This... that's enough! I'll save Sasuke for you! So, Naruto, it's enough you don't need-!"

"Sakura!" I butted the girl out of the way at the last second my eyes going wide as one of Naruto's tails collided with my arm ripping through my flak jacket, "Gnnn... Shit..." My flesh burned and blood peeled out from the wound in long streams, "If just that feels like this, then how is he...?" Through the pain, I looked up seeing Sakura on the ground next to me and Tenzo Sensei's jutsu holding Naruto back for the time being, "Sakura, are you alright?" I inquired as I managed to my feet before holding out my good arm to her.

"What're you worried about me for?" She brought herself up without my aid as she dusted herself off, "What were you thinking? That looks awful..."

"It feels awful..."

Kabuto had started to pace towards us before Yamato stopped his movement using his own wood style, "You're not going anywhere."

"Now, now," Kabuto intervened giving the brown-haired man a quick glance, "You're just jumping to conclusions. I no longer mean you any harm. Quite the contrary." I back away as I saw Kabuto's jutsu heading toward me, "What're you doing?" He frowned as I grimaced at him, "The way I see it your side and mine have something in common- Akatsuki's a thorn in our side. As I see it... If we let you live, there's a chance you might take out another Akatsuki member for us. Now, let me heal you."

"No thanks, I can manage perfectly fine on my own." The Seikatsu burned in my eyes for the first time since sealing the seven tails, "I have no intention of being in debt to someone like you!" Vines spread from my skin wrapping around my wounded arm as they glowed a faint shade of green and that the traces of the seven tails chakra vanished disappearing to somewhere deep inside of me.

With that Naruto howled once again snapping the coils of wood around him as though they were nothing, "That said, it was you who brought that thing here, so you're the ones who'll have to do something about it..." Kabuto remarked casting a glance over his shoulder.

Yamato's POV

"Izumi." I called out to the blue-haired girl her eyes still green with her dojutsu, "I think it's about time I show you something. She came over to me slowly a wary a moment of curiosity filling her hues as she gave a concerned stare at her blond comrade, "We'll handle it together." I sounded calm as ever, but... It's now or never...! "Hokage Style Elder Jutsu: Tenth Edict On Enlightenment!" I shouted thrusting an arm out in front of me, "Izumi!" She stared at me intently with a nod before ensnaring the beastly Naruto in her vines as a column of spike encrusted, wood pillars formed a circle around and started to strip away the nine-tails' chakra.

. . .

"Sorry, Sakura... Can you handle in from here?" Izumi fell back into the earth panting as the Seikatsu fully faded leaving behind her silver hues, "I wish I could help out more..."

"Nonsense..." Sakura gave a light shake of her head as she kneeled down to the heavily injured boy before us, "You've done more than enough."

"Izumi..." I muttered softly kneeling over the worn-out girl "Are you alright?" I'm surprised she used the Seikatsu even given this situation... I wonder if I'll have to warn her after all...

"Fine... My eyes are just out of practice..." She said gasping between words, "I'm more worried about that one..." She hefted herself to a sitting position staring as Sakura used her medical ninjutsu.

This is the fourth tail that Lord Jiraiya spoke about... I still can't believe what I saw...

"Captain Yamato!" Sakura interrupted my thought as Naruto let out a short groan of pain as she continued healing him, "That jutsu that stopped Naruto just now... Would you... Would you be willing to teach it to me?

Whoop, I did the thing! It's been quite a while again I suppose... Things have settled down a bit in my personal life (the keyword here being a bit), so although I won't be able to update as much as I was before I should be able to update more than I have the last couple months. I'm not going to say anything too specific since I don't want to make any promises I can't keep, but I'll try my best to perhaps be a bit more active than I have as of late. Thanks for being patient with me during this period! Until next time!

-- Amy