Izumi and a Genjutsu

Izumi's POV

"Izumi..." Kakashi Sensei muttered looking almost concerned beneath his mask as he stared at my shaky form, "Are you sure...?"

I grimaced lightly frowning at his response, "I wish I could've told you the news myself..." I sighed wiping away any moisture that had clung to the corners of my eyes, "It's alright, Sensei. It's better that I tell the truth..." My arms settled in at my sides seemingly gaining strength as my hands balled up into tight fists.

"The truth?" Naruto and Sakura murmured sporting inquisitive stares.

"Yes." I nodded solemnly meeting their eyes cautiously as I begged the words to come without leaving me with too much damage.

"Wait!" Kakashi Sensei!" Said urgently cutting off my confession as he stuck out his arm in front of the rest of us, "We've got company..."

Naruto's POV

A shadowy figure appeared before us earning a wide-eyed stare from me as I instantly recognized the cloaked man. Itachi Uchiha. Even in my distress I managed to flash a quick glance at Izumi. She was still trembling from her near confession and the way her eyes locked onto the red clouds scattered around his cloak could only be described as fear.

"Who?" Sakura asked staring at the man before us quizzically. She hadn't been present at our last encounter with the akatsuki.

"Right from the beginning..." Kakashi Sensei wore an excessively serious expression

"This guy... Those eyes..." Chiyo broke in...

"Itachi Uchiha I growled glowering at the raven-haired man's face.

Sakura's eyebrows knotted together, and her lower lip dropped as the identity of the man was revealed to her, "Itachi..." Chiyo hummed as though waiting for the memory to come to her, "Ho, this is... the child who killed his entire family...?"

"It's been awhile..." Itachi noted ignoring Chiyo's remark, "Kakashi, Naruto, and Izumi..."

"you bastard..." I whispered softy before my expression turned to a fierce snarl, "Not just me, but even, Gaara?!?" I pointed at him feeling my rage take over, "I'll beat you all down!!!"

Itachi moved slightly earning a wide-eyed expression from Kakashi Sensei, "Everyone, don't look into his eyes...!" The jonin ordered throwing his arm out to the side, "it's dangerous!"

"Well, Sakura scowled eyes to the ground, "What should we do?"

"Judge his movements from the movements of his body and feet." Kakashi Sensei answered after a moment's thought, "Itachi's Jutsu is an eye jutsu... In other words, it's a dojutsu. You'll be fine if you avoid eye contact." He assured.

"That's difficult..." the pink-haired girl muttered grimacing.

"Hmm..." Chiyo hummed doing as my sensei had said, "It's been a long time since I've fought against the sharingan..."

What should we do?" I asked urgently to the two eldest members of our team.

"'If it's one on one, surely flee'" Chiyo quoted, "'If it's two on one, take the rear."

"What do you mean?"

"It it's two on one... Even if one is caught in the genjutsu, there's one more to go behind the opponent. "She explained as calmly as the situation allowed, "Even if that's impossible, they can help their partner by canceling the genjutsu themselves." She continued, "That is if there are multiple opponents, one person can divert... and the other can move behind, to the sharingan's blind spot, and attack..."