Izumi Looks Forward

Third POV

"Well, I think I'll disappear," Pakun told Kakashi looking up at the man, "Since I'll just be in the way if I stay, I wouldn't really be any help."

"Pakun, good work!" the silver-haired man told the dog as Pakun poofed away.

"Right!" Guy came in addressing his old rival, "This barrier, eh? How do we take it out?" he asked knowing that the other ninja was sure to know the answer.

"This particular 'six seal barrier' is created by tokens with 'kin' written on them placed in five places in the vicinity." Kakashi answered sounding rather knowledgeable, "The 'kin' in front of you, and the other tokens are in five different places. To remove the barrier, all of them must be detached."

"So, where are they?" Naruto asked looking about quickly to see if he could spot any, "The other five?"

"Neji?"

"Understood." Neji moved automatically placing his hands together and activating his byakugan. He scoured the area finding each of the tokens quickly before relaying their locations.

"Right! If it's that range, we'll use these radios." Guy winked pulling said radios from his bag, "While we're taking Neji's directions, we can keep in communication, and we'll find the locations of the tokens.

Each of guy's team members took the radios attaching the devices around their necks, "Radio placement, okay." Tenten confirmed adjusting her own radio ever so slightly.

"Speed-wise, my team is faster." Guy told Kakashi giving the other team captain a thumbs up, "The frequency is 174. Wait for our message!"

"it's up to you..."

"TEAM GUY LET'S GO WITH THE FULL POWER OF YOUTH!!! Scatter!"

"I'd like to go with my eardrums intact." Hanako muttered following the man's orders, "That's optional I guess...?" She quickly went off with the others, "Alright, I've got it!" She called as she came to her given token and the other members of team Guy did the same.

"Right, everyone!" Hanako heard Captain Guy through my radio, "Remove the tokens!"

All at once we removed the tokens and they heard Sakura on the other end clearing the entrance, but unfortunately the moment didn't last long as an identical version of each of the members of team guy seeped from the ground.

"What... What in the world...?" Hanako muttered breathlessly as my doppelganger smirked at me tauntingly.

Izumi's POV

As the barrier crumbled away Kakashi Sensei pointed for us to enter the cavern to which we acted upon instantly. Our eyes widened as we were met with two akatsuki members. One with blond hair and one blue eye that was visible from beneath his fringe and the other was a bulky figure with a tattered mask covering half of his face. Gaara was entirely motionless behind them with his eyes closed and an enormous bird-like creature stood next to the blond as they stared at us.

"Well then..." the blond spoke first, "Which of you are the jinchuriki I wonder, hm...?"

Naruto's face scrunched up into a fierce snarl, "You bastards!" he screamed out balling his fists at his sides, "I'll smash you to piece!!!"

Idiot... That does us no good...

"... That one... Well seems like it, hm."

"Gaara..." Naruto muttered staring at the red head behind the two akatsuki members, "What're you doing sleeping there lazily?! Stand the hell up!" Gaara gave no response as Sakura and I stared at him in bewilderment, "Hey! Gaara, are you listening to me?!?"

"Stop, Naruto..." Kakashi Sensei urged him gently with a sympathetic look, "You should understand." With that my blond teammate fell silent not wanting to accept the truth.

"Yeah, yeah, don't you get it?" the blond akatsuki member taunted, "He's well dead, hm?"

Naruto's face turned to an even more enraged one upon hearing this, and with that I knew there was no stopping him now, "Give him back..." he whispered quietly at first, "Give Gaara back, you bastards!!!" he bolted towards the akatsuki members letting his emotions take control.

Before he made it, however, he was stopped by the outstretched arm of Kakashi Sensei, "Calm down... If you go rushing in there without thinking, they'll destroy you..."

"It seems like that Jinchuriki wants to take this one back..." the masked akatsuki member said in its gravelly voice.

"Sasori my man, this'll probably make you angry, but..." the other akatsuki member spoke, "I'll handle that jinchuriki, hm!"

"The assignment is one person to one beast." The one whose name was apparently Sasori told his partner seeming annoyed, "Don't push it, Deidara."

I clenched and unclenched my fists on my sides as the two continued their conversation part of which involved explosions. Based on the way their talking they're going to try and split us up... My eyes hovered over to my teammates faces wondering briefly if they had come to the same conclusions that I had. Well... If I'm going to be here, I took a deep breath as I refocused, I might as well give it my best no matter how likely it is that that backfires...

"Stop playing around, you bastards!!!" Naruto pulled a scroll from the pouch at his waist. I braced myself lightly as he pulled an enormous shuriken from the scroll and flung it at our opponents, but unfortunately the weapon was easily blocked by a large, tail like contraption that sprang from beneath Sasori's cloak.

"Deidara, you little shit... Are you trying to piss me off?" the two easily returned to their previous conversation.

"Well then..." Deidara replied casually to the man next to him, "I was right when I said it'd probably make you angry, hm?" the bird-like creature took Gaara into its mouth as Deidara took a step towards it, "My fine art is explosions. Completely different to your little puppet show, hm!" he leapt onto the creature's back rather gracefully, "See you, Sasori my man."

Three weeks in a row... Someone should give me a prize (ya know like a participation award or something?). I might be able to keep on doing the thing and updating more consistently than I've ever done anything in my life. I dunno (shrugs) I'm enjoying it so I guess that's what counts here. As of right now the Little Senju is literally at 599 reads, so thank you to all you lovely readers again! And so, until next time!

-- Amy