Izumi and the New Team Member

Izumi's POV

"Anyway..." Tenzo Sensei said with a hand pressed to his face, "From now on the five of us are off on a mission... but look at you..." He remarked with little enthusiasm, "There's no time to toss you all in a cage and get you used to each other, so introduce yourselves.

Ya know, I really wish he was kidding... I shook my head lightly as I gave the two boys a look, Best of luck to the two of you...

"Naruto Uzumaki."

"I'm Sakura Haruno."

"My name is Sai."

"And, I'm Izumi Senju" I looked especially closely at this Sai. He seemed interesting to put it mildly, but it was too early for me to have any solid opinions about the boy.

"Well, now that we know each other that's the end of that." Yamato seemed satisfied with our introductions as he continued with the more important task at hand, "Now, I'll explain our mission." Naruto and Sakura drove their sour glares at Sai to focused stares at our new captain, "From here, the five of us will proceed to the Tenchi bridge. There we will intercept the spy the akatsuki has in Orochimaru's organization and bring them back." The anbu explained tactfully, "This is a chance for us to find out about Orochimaru and Sasuke Uchiha."

I flinched slightly as I heard his name and reached my arms around myself to try and hide my unease. Ever since that danged genjutsu I'd been more than touchy about the young Uchiha. I had thought that I was over everything that had happened between us, but with the way I was currently acting... I had lost confidence in that. It had gone from a sold fact in my head to a hopeful hypothesis at best.

"We can gain a valuable source of information which may lead to formulating a plan to simulate a plan to assassinate Orochimaru and take Sasuke back. So, keep focused." Yamato's tone was firm as he went over the serious details, "We will assemble at the front gate in one hour! After sorting out equipment, we will depart!"

. . .

"I really just can't stand that asshole, Sai!" Naruto exasperated as he, Sakura, and I walked together after the meeting, "Why is he taking Sasuke's place...?!?" he fumed making a face liked he'd just eaten something bitter, "Four people is enough for Team Kakashi!"

Sakura was silent for a moment merely giving the blond a sympathetic look, "He's definitely very vulgar..." she agreed managing a small smile, "But, don't you think he resembles Sasuke somewhat? His face, his voice..."

"His chakra sure isn't..." I muttered softly feeling a bit surprised at how annoyed by the notion I was, "Their chakras aren't a single bit alike."

"I've been wondering for a while now..." Sakura gave me a curious look as I blinked a bit by her sudden intrusion to my spoken thoughts, "You can sense chakra more than a normal person, right? How exactly does it work?"

I blinked again before answering to her questions, "Well, I guess it's more like their life energies as opposed to their chakras..." I admitted placing a finger to my chin in thought, "The first time I used the Seikatsu it's like a part of it is always active, but it doesn't seem to deplete any of my chakra either... I don't know it's kind of hard to explain... Everyone's life energy is kind of a different color or a different combination of colors I suppose is the best way of describing it. For example, Naruto's life energy is yellow and it's very warm, and Sakura's life energy is pink and if I had to describe the way it feels... It's just very feminine and just genuinely very lovely..." I paused a moment stuffing my hands in my pockets to hide their endless shivering, "Sasuke, on the other hand." Not just my hands were shaking now as I thought back to the last time, I'd seen the Uchiha's life energy, "It's blue and purple. It's dark and brooding. And, it's far more intense than anything else I've ever seen before."