Chapter 10 - Losing peace of mind

The bad news is - Nothing lasts forever!
The good news is - Nothing lasts forever!

Losing peace of mind

I woke up and could'nt make out what the time was,what day it was or what happened last.

And suddenly within seconds I realised what happened before I fell unconscious.

Everything flashed in front of my eyes and suddenly I feel my head get heavy, It was getting hard to control, I took a tablet from the drawer next to the bed and ate it.

I closed my eyes and laid down without thinking about anything.

"Ayaat? How are you feeling"? A concerend Fiza came into my room.

I get up and sit on the bed with my hand massaging my forehead.

"Im fine" I nod.

"I know this is not the correct time to talk about this,but what have you thought?"

"About what?" I look at her wide eyed.

"You dont know? Zaroon and Omar?" She says politely.

"Fiza, honestly telme who this guy is? Omar?"

"Ayaat you dont remember him?  He was your.." before she says I complete her sentence.

"bestfriend?" I ask with hope and tear's now in my eyes.

She nods.

It had been 7 years since I had seen him it was hard to recognise but I still had a feeling but yet did not recognise.

I felt so miserable, how could I not recognise him. While we were young we were inseperable and we pretended to be husband and wife and play house-house.

But then his family had to shift to London so we got seperated, I was only 12 then so I had forgotten about it.

Now my head began to hurt again and I started massaging it harder.

"Fiza whats happening outside?where is Omar and Za.." and I stopped, why should I bother about him, but I still was.

"Zaroon?" She completed and continued.

"Yusuf bhai sent him home,everyone is sitting in the living room now thinking what to do,Omar is very frustrated Ayaat"

"Why is Omar frustrated?" I asked surprised.

"Ayaat, he likes you and wants to marry you and Zaroon wants the same" by the time she finished I began to sob again.

I wanted to go down but I was scared how would I face Omar if he was there.

"Is Omar down?"

"Not when I was there"

I get up and start walking downstairs. I never thought Zaroon would want to marry me. I always felt inferior because of my looks, I felt Fiza looked much better than me.

"Assalamualikum" I greet as I reach down where I see my mum and dad sit with Yusuf, honestly they looked tensed.

"Walekum assalam" only mum replied first but then Yusuf and dad also replied softly, I sensed tension in all their voices.

"Ayaat dont you have college tomorrow?" My mum asked, I just nodded amd went back to my room.

The rest of the day just passed the same way with nobody talking to anybody and I in my room preparing for college with Omar and Zaroon crossing my mind often.

I dressed up in a bright pink top and a dark blue jeans with a light pink hijab,Javeriya was going to pick me up for college,we always went together coz we stayed close plus she was my bestfriend.

I did not tell her about the incident that happened the previous day,honestly coz I dint want to talk about it.

"Assalamualikum ammi, Im leaving for college, Ill come back by 4, Im going with Jav"

"Okay beta,take care, walekum assalam"

I walk out of the kitchen and open the main door to leave when I see Omar walk into the living room, there was an akward moment I dont look at him and walk away, I see Javeriya outside waiting, we get into the car and leave, I stay quite the entire car ride there was too much going on in my head,I needed peace but I was'nt getting any.

We reached the college and parked the car and get in.

I see my group of friends already there, I greet everyone. Rehana comes running towards me to hug me, after Javeriya I was very close to Rehana, we were like a trio.

Rehana,Javeriya and I. But misunderstandings arised between us after Rehana got engaged to a guy, who according to me was a well mannered,practising muslim, their engagment lasted for complete year but Rehana broke it because she wanted to marry a rich guy and according to her this guy was'nt rich in money,but to me he was rich in deen which is all that mattered.

I had never seen him, I dint even know his name neither did I hear much about him from Rehana, just few times here and there that I gathered this Information.

And Yes, Javeriya was also engaged just 2 months back and she seemed very happy about it. Almost everyone in my friend circle was either engaged or going to get engaged soon, except me. We were just 19-21 and we were into this whole marriage thing already like the rest of the Indian girls.

The rest of the time at college was spent attending classes and having fun, but for me the it ended the same way it started.

I had no peace of mind, everything irritated me, everything annoyed me. I wanted to stay alone.

Javeriya and I walked towards the car to go back home,when I reach there I see someone stand in front of our car, a familiar face.

It was him.

My hands started sweating and my heart began to beat faster than ever.

He was probably waiting for someone.
Was that someone me?

Assalamualikum :)
Im so sorry for the late update, I've been very busy lately but I still managed  to write down this short and boring chapter.
Please please Co-operate.
If ull are not liking it, im sorry but Inn sha allah it'l get better.
Jazakallahu khair :)
Keep reading! <3