Chapter 49 - Confronting Your Bestfriend

'Anger begin's with madness and ends with Regret'

It was narrated by Abu Hurayrah that a man said to the prophet ( Peace be upon him ) :
"Advice me"
He said:' Done get Angry'
He repeated his questions several time the and Prophet said: 'Dont get Angry'

"Confronting your bestfriend"

"Why dont you drape it this way?" Aisha bhabhi asks.
"I think this would look much better" Fiza says.
"Noo..Trust me. Over the head looks much better" Aisha bhabhi says.
"Lets ask Ayaat!" Fiza says.
"Yeah! Ayaat. Which one do you think looks better...This....?......or......this?" Aisha bhabhi show's me the drapping of Fiza's engagment dupatta.

I was lost! I wasn't listening to any word.

"Ayaat?" Fiza calls out.
"Ayaaaaat!" Aisha bhabhi screams and I get startled.
"Eh?"
"Where are you lost?" Fiza asks.
"No..nowhere" I say and get up.
"Quick. I dont have time. Which one is better" Fiza asks showcasing both the drapping styles.
"The..First one looks nice" I say expressionless.
"Yesss! I told you" Aisha bhabhi says.
"Fine. Just pin it then" Fiza says and they get busy again.

All I cared about was what was happening in Zaroon's house. I was scared that Zaroon had told Gazala aunty about our fight or Arzoo might have and she must have cancelled the engagment.
I didnt want to be the reason for Fiza's sadness.

I walk out of the room and go to the backyard where mum was sitting with a few aunts.

"Ammi..? Did Gazala aunty call?" I whisper.
"Ayaat! I told you 15 minutes back. She said she'll be here in an hour" She says irritated.
"Okay" I say and turn around.
"Ayaat! Whats wrong with you beta? Is something disturbing you? Tell me?" She says sympathetically.
"No..No...Just nervous for Fiza" I fake laugh and walk back inside the house.

I quietly go to the balcony and stand there in the cool breeze, thinking how I would face Zaroon now.
What should I do? Am I just gonna spend the rest of my life like this..here? Or am I gonna ask for Divorce....or I'll just go back and pretend like nothing is wrong and die a little inside everyday.

I didnt know. I just didnt know.
Honestly, I didnt wanna cause any problem to Fiza and Rahil's relationship so I prefered to lay low until they got married, but what am I gonna do till then. I was clueless.

"Ayaat!" Yusuf Calls.
"Hey!" I turn around with a smile and face him.
"Stop pretending. Tell me what's wrong?" He asks seriously.
"What's wrong?" I ask with fake amusement.
"Ayaat! I've been noticing you from 2 days. Stop acting like you dont know what Im talking about" He says.
"Trust me! I have no clue." I say and turn my back to him.
"Ayaat! Im talking to you. Look at me when I talk to you" Yusuf says angrily.

Those words!
Suddenly all flashes in front of my eyes.
Zaroon told the same words and things got ugly.

I begin to sob uncontrollable.

"Ayaat! Im sorry. Tell me what's wrong may be I can help" He says and tries to calm me down.
"Zaroon.." I say between my deep breaths and sobbing.
"Look! Calm down. Stop crying first. Come lets go wash your face." He says and drags me to the washroom.

I get into the washroom and lock the door. I wash my face a few times while still sobbing.

"Are you okay?" Yusuf asks from across the door.
"Give me a few minutes" I say.

I look at my face it had turned red, my eyes were watery, my nose was runny how could I go like this in front of anybody? Everybody would know in an instant.
For Fiza's sake I calm myself down, wash away all my make up and prepare myself to tell Yusuf the entire story.