Chapter 28 - 90 Days to go!

There is no term as Fianće in islam, either he is your mahram or he is not.
Getting engaged doesn't make your relationship halal and your Fianće your Mahram.

90 Days to go.

I still had 3 days for the university to start, I dint want to burden myself by reaching here the last minute and not having time to do anything.

I place the letter that Yusuf had slipped into my hand at the airport carefully into one of files where I kept all my birthday cards and greeting.

I kept this one right on top so I could see it everytime I opened the file.

Looking at it made me happy, it made me realise that I wasn't the only one who had feeling, that there was someone half-way across the world who waited for me and that thought gave me goosebums.

"You could have atleast told me once" Natasha says angrily.

She was helping me unpack and place my stuff back. I hadn't told her about the engagment but she noticed the diamond ring on my finger and asked and I couldn't lie, actually I dint have too. Why did I need to hide it from her?

If at all I needed to hide it from someone it would be Mr so Nice as Rehana calls him.

I hadn't realised the outcome or what Omar would feel once he came to know about my engagment.

I had already hurt him enough once I did not want to hurt him again.But, the truth and the fact was that I was engaged so Zaroon and soon would marry him. Inn sha Allah

It dint matter how much I hid that from Omar because the truth cannot be hidden for a long time.

"It happened all of a sudden Natasha" I say.

"Yeah right, like he came to your bedroom while you were a asleep and slipped the ring into your finger Ayaat" She says sarcastically.

"Hahaha No I dint mean that, you know what I meant" I say still unpacking.

"Fine! Do you atleast have your engagment pictures?" She asks.

Pictures! Allah! I had forgotten to send Rehana the pictures she had asked for she would surely kill me now.

I had transferred the pictures from Yusuf phone to mine but I forgot. Allah!

May be Allah doesn't want her to see the pictures may be that would be the best for us, I think and dismiss the thought.

"Yeah, I do have" I say and take out my phone and pass it to her.

"OMG! Ayaat you look so pretty" she says with a wide smile on her face.

"Thanx Natasha" I say.

"You dont have the guy's picture? These are all just yours and your family's." She says.

"I do not" I say with an evil smile.

"Why?" She asks surprised.

"Because I dont want anyone to look at him, because I myself dont have any right to look at him. He is still not my mahram and when I shouldn't be looking at him in natural situations only why should I keep his pictures and look at them? May be I dont make sense to you, may be I dont make any sense at all.

But I dont want anyone to look at him" I end with a smile.

"Has anyone told you?" She asks.

"What?"

"You are weird, really weird" She says with a weird expression.

"Hahahah. Yeah yeah alot of people" I say and get back to packing.