Chapter Twenty-Three

JACK FROST

I rushed after Elsa pushing past people on my way. It was my first time in the headquarters. And it was nothing like imagied it. Nightmares I had worked with told me that the Snowflake place was dark and gloomy.

And that the walls were covered in dry blood and strange metal contraptions used to kill. They also said it had a hall of cells were the snowflakes would lock up there victims. And ever day the snow queen would walk down the hall running her gloved fingers across the bars.

She would pick a random victim and drag them down the hall taking a contraption from the wall and pulling them through a set of doors were they would never exit...not in one piece anyway.

I know knew that wasn't true and that no nightmare had ever truly been inside the Snowflake Headquarters. The walls were pale white and blue some with designs, so empty. Signs were here and there to tell people were to go.

"Elsa!" I shouted.

She ignored me and continued walking her blonde braid bounced. I groaned people shivered as I passed them. There eyes avoided mine I tried not to look down at the frost forming under my feet. Elsa had explained that I was poisoned and now I have this weird mutation they call The Curses.

I tried to acted as if I did care but failed. I felt like a freak what would my friends think? How would they reacted to frost shooting from my fingertips? Elsa raised her hand pushing the elevator button.

Just before the doors could closes I dived in rolling across the floor and hitting the wall. Elsa looked down at me but looked away as I caught her eye. I stood up slowly popping my back.

"Elsa!" I said again.

She didn't reply intill the elevator doors opened again,  "Go away Frost!" She hissed.

The hall we entered was empty nobody was around. The tiles were dirty and the lights above flickered. It reminded me of one of thoses places people try getting out of in horror movies.

"Elsa I need answers!"

"AND SO DO I!" She screamed turning to face me.

She pointed her finger at me she wore a pare of black leather gloves. Tears whelmed in her beautiful eyes. I reached for her but she jumped back.

"Stay away from me," she whimpered, "Its all my fault, if I would have just said no to the date, if I would have just erased your memory,  if I would have just refused your help you wouldn't have been hurt, you wouldn't have been cursed."

"None of this is your fault," I insisted, "Its mine im the one who ran off to save Jamie, if I would have just stayed put I wouldn't have been caught!"

She ran her hand through her hair, "DON'T YOU DARE REGRET SAVING A CHILD!" She screamed.

"I don't I was just saying, Elsa its not you fault about the curse," I assured.

"But it is my fault if I wouldn't have let you grab my hand I would have passed on my curse!" She cried.

"What?"

"The curse it a poison that mutates ones body, sometimes it has to do with the DNA of something mixing with the original persons body, or it mutates one with its environment or surroundings and sometimes it has a mind of its own and mutates one into something random," She explains, "When I touched you the curse obsorbed some of my mutation through your skin and into you giving you a similar power to me."

She rwmoved her glove and waved her hand creating snow, "Wow...so like Spiderman?"

"What? No he was bit!"