22

"Are you pregnant!?" That was the question of the year during the reception. At least 30 people asked her, and it was mostly women. Percy didn't leave her side, especially when Luke came up to talk to them.

"Well... You got everything you wanted." He huffed, looking at Percy. "A family, a wedding... Annabeth." He turned to her. "You were right about Mickey, by the way..." He sighed. "Left the moment someone with more money came by... I don't expect anything, but I'm sorry for not believing you."

And with that, he was gone. Annabeth frowned, looking up at Percy. He rubbed her arm. "Is it just me, or did that seem really... Final?"

"Honestly, if I never see him again, it'll be too soon." Annabeth nodded, but she couldn't help but watch him leave. She'd never forgive him, but... She didn't want him to get hurt... Even if he had cheated on her. "Come on... Time for cake."

Annabeth laughed. "Let me guess, it's blue?"

He smirked. "You know me so well..."

***

After the reception, they went home to their apartment and Percy wasted no time in taking off her dress. He was worried that he was gonna hurt the baby at first, until she told him to shut up and kiss her.

In the morning, Annabeth woke up early and stretched her arms up over her head. Percy was asleep on his stomach, head facing her. She smiled and got up, pulling on one of Percy's t-shirts and walking out of the room. She came back a little later with a cup of coffee. She put it on the night stand and leaned over, kissing Percy's cheek. He smiled and hummed, rolling over to look at her. "Good morning, beautiful."

"Morning." Annabeth smiled. "Are we still gonna go look at nursery stuff?"

Percy nodded, yawning and sitting up. He put his hand on her hip and she stood between his legs. He took her hand in his and smiled. "I finally married you..." She smiled and leaned down, kissing him. He put his hands on the back of her legs and pulled her close. "I love you so much."

He kissed her stomach through the shirt and she smiled, putting her hands on his shoulders. "We haven't even been on our honey moon, and I'm already knocked up."

Percy smirked. "No shame in starting early." Annabeth laughed and kissed him as he stood up. Percy put his arms around her waist and hugged her close.

When they broke apart, Annabeth stepped back and grabbed the mug of coffee, slipping it into his hands. "Here. I'm gonna go shower."

"Alright." He kissed her lovingly, one arm around her waist. "I'll get dressed then, uh... Clean up our little party."

She laughed softly at the cheeky smirk he wore and walked out of the bedroom.

***

"I think it'll be a girl." Percy smirked, pulling Annabeth over to a pink crib. She laughed.

"You don't want blue?"

"Well, obviously I want blue to be in her room, but I still think we're gonna have a girl." Percy put his hands on her hips.

"How can you tell?" Annabeth rested her hands over his as he kissed her quickly.

"I can just feel it." He kissed her temple and hugged her close. "Can't you?"

"I'm not feeling anything." Annabeth shrugged. "Let's get a gender neutral one. Just to be safe."

Percy pouted and she laughed, pulling him over to a grey crib. "But it's so plain..." Percy whined.

Annabeth laughed. "You're so picky!"

"Well, duh!" He laughed. "You knew this when you married me..."

"I've known it since we were kids, Percy." She smiled and he held her close to him, still. Annabeth rested the side of her head on his shoulder and smiled happily. It was great for a little while... Until Annabeth paid more attention to prices. "We cant afford any of these... Except maybe the broken one at the back, but there is no way in hell I am putting our baby in there."

Percy frowned. "Well... I'm sure we can find someplace with cheaper cribs... We still have at least 6 months till we need it, right?"

"I know, but I want to have it done before I cant do anything to set it up." Percy smiled at the pout on her lips and kissed her forehead.

"Come on, lets go get lunch, take Bailey on a walk, and figure it out from there."

"Okay..."

***

Everything was going great for a while. Percy was keeping up at work, Silena had Annabeth working slightly less now that she was pregnant. They didnt see each other much during the week, though. Percy's days off were Saturday and Sunday. Annabeths were Tuesday and Thursday. Silena tried getting someone else to swap shifts with Annabeth, but they all declined.

She had the hours nobody else was willing to work. Percy would wake up and go with her, eat breakfast, then go back home to sleep. They'd get a couple kisses in between her getting off and him going to work.

Tonight, though, Annabeth was alone in bed, struggling to sleep. She couldnt seem to get comfortable... No matter how she would lay, she would get a pinch of pain in her stomach and would start crying. It didnt worry her until she got up to use the bathroom. When she came back, the pain increasing more, mind you, there was a pool of blood on the bed.

Annabeths heart stopped. She felt tears burn in her eyes and she grabbed her phone. She tried calling Percy, but it went to voicemail. Her tears started falling and she moved towards the door.

Her body went rigid with pain, and she gasped, falling to her knees. Bailey, who had been sleeping by the door, sat up and nudged Annabeths arm worriedly. She dialed Pipers number quickly, panicking, her hands shaking. To her relief, she answered.

"Annabeth? Whats up?"

"I- Ah! It hurts! T-Theres blood on the bed... I-i- I think-" She broke off with a whimper and curled into herself. "Percy's at work... He-He's not picking up his phone..."

"I'll be there soon, just take a deep breath and hold on!" Annabeth tried, but she was scared. She'd looked it up before, just in case... Lower abdominal pain, bleeding... It made sense... Thinking back on it, the water in the toilet was red before she flushed...

Her back stiffened again in pain, and she started crying harder. She thought she was scared of getting pregnant, but her fear of loosing this baby was so much stronger...