19

"Annaabbeetthh!!!!" Percy whined loudly as Annabeth entered the apartment. His feet were visible over the back of the couch. Annabeth laughed and carried the bags she had to the kitchen. She put the bags of tater tots in the freezer and set the oven to preheat. As she stood back up, there was a thud from the living room.

Annabeth laughed and went to the living room, seeing Percy on the floor, dazed. He looked up at her and smiled, quickly getting to his feet. He walked around the couch and pulled her against his body, crushing his lips against hers.

Annabeth squeaked in surprise, kissing him back, putting her head on the back of his head. When he broke away from her lips, she was surprised. "What was that for?"

"I missed you." He pouted, rubbing her back. Annabeth smiled and put her arm around his neck, pressing her forehead against his. "I was only gone a day."

"For almost 12 hours! You didn't even tell me goodbye..."

"You were asleep." Annabeth giggled, holding the bag of pregnancy test boxes off to the side. He kissed her again, still pouting. She giggled against his lips and moaned softly. "I have to put these away..."

He groaned and pulled away, grabbing the bag from her hand and walking towards the kitchen. "Baby, it's not food." Annabeth laughed softly.

"What do you mean?" He stopped and looked at her, then at the bag. "What is it, then?"

"Open it and look." Percy raised an eyebrow before opening the bag and pulling out one of the many boxes. His eyes slowly rose to her face, looking shocked, and she smiled, walking uIp to him. She took the bag and put it down, before framing his face in her hands.

"What... Why...? I thought you were scared of getting pregnant?"

"Percy, I am terrified... But I want to have a family with you. Because, yes, we are getting married... But I want something permanent. Something consistent, so that... Even if we fight or are at each other's throats, we will always have someone who needs us to realize how stupid the fight is. Someone who only needs us together and in-love, to be happy." Percy smiled and kissed her again.

"I feel like this is coming from something..." Percy whispered against her lips before moving to kiss her forehead.

"Remember the fight in Junior year? At that party... About you hooking with that one girl..."

He sighed, shoulders sinking. He wrapped his arms tighter around her shoulders, holding her tighter. That was all she needed. He remembered.

"Why did you drive that car into the ocean? Because even after 7 years I still don't know why you did it." She looked up at him through her lashes. Percy sighed and leaned his cheek against the top of her head.

"I thought you were dead." He whispered. "You'd been the most important thing in my life since we were 10. The doctors told me Bianca had died on impact and wouldn't tell me what happened to you... I thought my last words to you were going to be words I could never take back. Could never apologize for... I didn't feel like there was much of a reason for me to stick around if you weren't in the world."

Annabeth closed her eyes and pulled herself closer to him, holding him tightly. He buried his face in her hair. "I love you, Wise Girl."

"I love you, too, Seaweed Brain."

He sniffled. She was surprised. Was he crying? He only ever cried about his dad... Annabeth pulled away from him. He was crying. Percy wiped at his eyes before kissing her softly. "I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do now if something happened to you."

"Promise me you won't drive into the ocean!" She snapped immediately. Percy laughed through his tears.

"I promise you. I swear on..." He hesitated, before smiling, moving his hand onto her flat stomach. "I swear on our future child."