18

((Annabeth's Wedding Dress; above))

Annabeth looked at the silvery white ruffles of the 21st dress she'd tried on. She had so many problems with this dress. The bodice was too blingy. She could barely breathe in the corset, meaning if she did get a baby bump before the wedding, then it wouldn't fit anymore. Annabeth was startled.

Looking back on it, most of the problems she'd had were how she'd look if she were pregnant on their wedding day. They didn't plan on the wedding being several months after the engagement... They wanted it to be soon...

"Well?" Annabeth looked up as the tailor raised an eyebrow. "It looks stunning on you! Absolutely-"

"Can we go with something completely different?" Annabeth frowned. "No corset, no ruffles, no weird colors-"

"But darling, this style looks great on your figure!"

"I would like to try something else." Annabeth snapped. She flinched and sighed softly. "Please... This just... Isn't right."

"Alright... Should I ask your Maid of Honor to help? She knows what you would like, right?"

"Yeah..." Annabeth nodded.

The next dress was plain white, with a poor skirt. No lace or ruffles, but the bodice was so blinged out, it was blinding. She didn't like it.

The 23rd dress was an off white dress with lots of lace on the bodice. It was beautiful, but the color put her off it.

The 24th dress was much better. Simpler, white, no poor skirt. But it was 3 sizes too small and they only had one size of that dress.

The 25th dress, the point at which Annabeth said 'if this isn't right, I need a drink', was perfect. Simple, white, beautiful, not a lot of diamonds, no lace. It was loose but fit her figure.

And it was in her personally set price range.

Of course, though, Annabeth's mother had a bone to pick.

"What are you pulling, Annabeth!?" Annabeth stuttered.

"Wh- What do you-"

"You already had the dress of your dreams! The dress you chose for your wedding with Luke!" Annabeth's eyebrows shot up.

"Mom, I didn't pick that dress..."

"What are you going on about, now!?" Athena snapped. "You said you loved it!"

"Because Luke warned me that if I didn't say I loved the dress she picked, then I would probably not get one at all." Annabeth sighed.

"What are you talking about!? She wouldn't have stopped you from getting that dress!"

"Okay, fine!" Annabeth snapped. "I won't get the fucking dress!"

She walked away from her mother, Sally, Piper, and Aphrodite.

She got back into the changing room, slamming the door behind her and sitting on the dais. She sniffled and tried not to cry.

It wasn't fair... The wedding with Luke, the half-planned shit-show, was so far out of her control that her own dress was yellow. Not a pretty yellow, like Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast'. No,  it was a gross yellow, like pee.

And there were so many diamonds, so much bling, and lace, and ruffles, and all in such an ugly color. It was suffocating and didn't fit her body shape at all. It was too small, but Luke's mom had still insisted that they make her fit in it.

When she barely fit, Mrs. Castellan tried putting Annabeth on a diet, one that brought her down from 160lbs to 120lbs in about a week.

When Percy had found out, he'd locked her in his apartment for a week and made her promise to not continue with the diet. She didn't have a problem with that, the diet made her feel sick. In 3 weeks, she got back to a healthy weight. She went down 3 dress sizes and went back up 2.