16

Annabeth dropped to her knees and put her arms around his neck. Percy's dad had always been a touchy subject. Poseidon Olympus had left Percy and his mom just weeks after Percy had been born. Weeks, leaving Sally with a newborn, and nothing to her name other than a dingy apartment and 20 dollars. Annabeth loathed the thought of ever meeting Percy's father. So many times she'd found him in tears when people would talk about his dad, or make fun of him for not having a father around.

A few times, she'd even knocked a couple people's teeth in for it. No one was allowed to hurt Percy. No one. It was the only time she'd ever seen him cry... And when Percy was hurting, so was she. Annabeth turned her head into the side of his neck, holding him tightly. "Percy, let's go lay down. You look like you're gonna black out. Please."

He nodded, and she pulled out of his arms. Percy stood, and he almost fell. She caught him again, sucking in a breath. "You okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm good." He leaned his head in and kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth sighed, before putting an arm around his waist and helping him walk to their room. She helped him sit on the bed, and he put his arms around her hips again, his face against her stomach. He was shaking, crying. Annabeth held her arms around his head, eyes closed, keeping him held close to her.

She just let him cry, holding him as tightly as she could without suffocating him. He seemed to be trying to suffocate himself, though, his face pressed into her stomach her shirt getting wet from his tears. Probably 30 minutes later, he pulled away, letting out a deep breath. She put her hands on the sides of his face, leaning back from him. His face was red and puffy from crying. "Are you okay?" She whispered softly, rubbing the tears off his face.

"I'm good." He smiled up at her. It wasn't forced this time. She sighed in relief and leaned down to kiss him. He chuckled softly. "I've been crying and you still want to kiss me?"

"You looked like you could use a kiss." She whispered, and he smiled.

"I definitely needed it." He rubbed her hips, his fingers just under her shirt. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too, Seaweed Brain."

"What would I do without you?" He sniffled. She smiled.

"You need a tissue. I'll be right back."

He nodded, letting her go. She stepped away from him and left the room, before quickly getting some tissues from the bathroom. She returned to the bedroom, where Percy was still sitting, holding something in his hands. "What is it?" She asked quietly, handing him the tissue.

He smiled at her and held it out. "My dad's... Business card... Apparently, he's rich." He whispered. She frowned softly. He held out the card and she took it as he took the tissue. He stood up to go blow his nose, and she sat on the bed.

The business card was ivory blue, with white lettering, cursive. It was hell on her dyslexia. But she could read it.

'Poseidon and Amphitrite,
Olympian Seas'

Annabeth felt fury grow in the pit of her stomach. He'd gotten married!? He'd gone and left Sally and Percy when Percy was barely even 3 weeks old and got married to someone who wasn't Sally Jackson! She clenched her fist, wanting to crush the business card in her fist. Percy came back to her and stopped. "Annabeth?"

"Sorry..." Her hand shook. "I just... It pisses me off!"

She looked him dead in the eye. He obviously understood. "He left you guys when you were barely 3 weeks old! And now he's rich, married as if you never existed!" Her voice rose to a yell, pitch peaking on 'you'. She heaved in a breath, forcing herself to not start bawling. "And now he's back... What's he trying to do? Get the Father of the Year award all of a sudden!? He could have done that years ago! When you were 17, 15, 12, 8, 5. Any of those times, anytime in between. And he's doing it NOW!" She bit her lip and her fists continued to shake when she looked down at the ground. "Why am I the one yelling?"