20

Annabeth and Percy came home late every night for the next week. Percy drove her home and then headed to work after she had fallen asleep. The only time they spent together was a few cherished moments in the morning, where Percy used his flirtatious abilities to try and, as he dramatically explained to Silena, 'impregnate his beautiful lady'.

Silena told her he said that and she wanted to dump coffee in his lap. Instead, she rolled her eyes and kissed him.

Annabeth and Percy's first shared day off was mostly spent apart, out of the house and planning their wedding. Percy finally got to take Annabeth out for a date, three weeks after saying he would. Annabeth wasn't bitter. He'd done everything he could. The fact that he made every single second they spent together special and amazing... It made her happy to just be able to see him. When she got home from wedding planning, choosing flowers and decorations, while Percy set up an appointment to check out a venue and another one to set up a time to choose a cake, she heard something from the now spare bedroom.

Percy wasn't home yet, but she knew he was on his way. He'd told her he had a surprise for her in the spare bedroom, but the faint yipping and barking got her curious. She wasn't stupid. But she really wanted to see if she was going crazy or not. Annabeth put her purse down and slowly walked to the spare bedroom. 

She hesitated as her phone buzzed.

'Don't open the spare bedroom door! It's a surprise! I'll show you when I get home.'

Annabeth whined. She wanted to see...

It took a lot for her to walk away from the door and go to the living room. When Percy finally came through the door, he had a bag of dog food. Annabeth perked up. "You got a puppy, didn't you!?"

"You went in?" He groaned. "Come on, baby, she's supposed to be a wedding present..."

"No, I haven't gone in, but I can hear yipping and barking! I'm not stupid, Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth laughed. He sighed as she stood up and skipped over to him. "I wanna see!!"

He laughed and put the dog food down. "Come on..."

Annabeth squealed a little bit, staying behind Percy as he walked to the spare bedroom. "Now, I know you've always wanted a pit bull, but I couldn't find anyone with pit bull puppies-"

"Just open the door, Percy!" Annabeth whined, biting her bottom lip.

He laughed and opened the door, stepping back once it was open. Annabeth stepped through the doorway to see a small German shepherd puppy sitting in the corner, scratching its ear. Annabeth gasped, covering her eyes. The puppy looked up and barked, before bounding over to her. Annabeth quickly picked it up and laughed as it licked her face. "Oh, my god, what's her name!?"

"Bailey. We can probably change it-"

"I love it," Annabeth said, putting the puppy down and hugging him. "I love her, and I love you."

Percy smiled and hugged her back. "I love you, too." He smiled, kissing the top of her head. "And, bonus... She's already been potty trained." 

Annabeth laughed. "Thank god. Now, is she shoe trained?"

"What do you mean?" He pulled away, looking confused.

"Puppies like shoes. Remember Mrs. O'Leary? She destroyed every pair of shoes I owned except for the high tops I wore every single day." Percy's eyes widened.

"I have... No idea if she is or not." Percy looked around. "Where is she?"

Annabeth laughed and pulled away from him. "Bailey!" She called down the hall. The little puppy poked her head out of the bathroom. "Oh, boy, she's already found the toilet paper!" Annabeth smiled.