21

"Ya know... It's so stupid, but I'm scared." Annabeth laughed nervously, biting her lip. "I shouldn't be, but I am..."

"Annabeth, everything will be fine." Piper sighed, running her fingers through Annabeth's hair to loosen the tight curls she'd just finished. "You're lucky. I'm still waiting for Jason to propose, and we've been together since Sophmore year."

Annabeth smirked at that. She knew something Piper didn't, but she wasn't going to say anything about it. "I know... I'm still trying to think of a way to work the surprise into my vows."

Annabeth had let it slip to Piper that she was pregnant, having to explain why she wasn't drinking at the bachelorette party. Percy had pretended to be bitter when he woke her up, saving her from getting pounced on by her best friends. "You'll figure it out. There's a reason 'Wise Girl' is inscribed onto your ring."

Annabeth laughed. "I forgot about that..."

"Trust me, I didn't. It's the cutest thing on earth!" Annabeth smiled, looking at her reflection and breathing out.

"I wish my dad could be here..."

"I know." Piper rubbed Annabeth's arms, standing behind her in her blue bridesmaid dress.

"I mean... Even though Percy's dad hasn't been around... He's still here... I saw him when Percy tried sneaking in to see me... But my dad... He physically can't be here..." Annabeth sighed, her voice breaking. She wanted to cry, but she held it in. Piper had taken a long time perfecting her makeup, she wasn't going to ruin it now.

Piper leaned her head on Annabeth's. "This is gonna sound really deep and emotional, and probably gonna make the floodgates open... But he's out there... Even if you can't see him. And I am sure your dad is so proud of you..." Piper kissed Annabeth's temple, before hugging her shoulders. Annabeth hooked her hands on her best friend's wrists, closing her eyes.

"Girls!" They both turned as Athena came in. She stopped short and covered her mouth, tears in her eyes.

"Don't go crying on me, mom." Annabeth laughed.

"Oh, shush! Give me a hug!" Annabeth stood up and walked over to her mom, hugging her. "You look so beautiful, Annabeth... If your dad were here, he would be crying already..."

Annabeth smiled. "I bet... Is everything ready?"

"Yes..." Athena rubbed Annabeth's arms. "I know I've been nothing but sour to you about marrying Percy, but... I'm happy you chose Percy over Luke. Percy makes you smile so much more than Luke ever did, and I only want to see you smile..."

Annabeth smiled as her mom wiped a tear away. "I said don't cry on me."

Athena laughed. "This is a good cry. Alright... Percy's waiting."

***

Annabeth felt her stomach burn with nerves. The doors in front of her were large, intricate, and closed. She'd seen everything before Piper got her into her dress, so she knew it was all perfect, but she was still scared.

What if I trip!? She thought. Then it came again, slightly different. That's what Piper is here for...

What if I ripped my dress with my heels? The voice countered again. You're not wearing heels!

What if there's a spider on the aisle? The second voice didn't have an argument for that

"Piper!?"

"There aren't any spiders," Piper said. "Stop panicking. Deep breath. Alright? You're going last, but I'm walking right beside you! So is my dad! Dad!"

Mr. McLean, the famous Tristan McLean popped out from where a mirror was stationed. "I'm here, sweetheart." He went to the opposite side of Annabeth, patting her hand with his.

"Have you ever given someone away before?" Annabeth couldn't help but laugh.

"No, but it's good practice for when it's Piper's turn." Piper blushed a very violent shade of red.

"Dad, I am working on that." She grumbled.

"I know, kiddo." Annabeth laughed, already feeling better.

They'd worked it out so that Piper's dad would be giving her away. Poseidon offered to do it, but Annabeth hadn't quite warmed up to him yet. Piper vetoed his offer pretty quickly after he offered, saving Annabeth from having to do it herself. "Alright, girls! Let's give Annabeth the best entrance in the world!"

Annabeth smiled at her best friend, leaning her head on Piper's shoulders as Thalia, Hazel, and Silena walked down the aisle in blue dresses matching Piper's. They were holding matching blue bouquet's, and seeing them go made Annabeth's nerves return. Then the doors opened fully, and Annabeth saw everything in its full glory. Percy was stood at the altar, looking nervous and adorable. She smiled, feeling tears start in her eyes as she started walking towards him.

He was staring at her with a look of adoration, and it made her tears harder to fight. Percy looked breathless, and he scratched the back of his neck as Annabeth ducked her head down. She heard someone mutter.

"I could've gotten Tristan McLean to walk her down the aisle." A quick glance told her that Luke and his parents had gotten the invitations.

Okay, Annabeth was petty. She invited them, 100% with a plan to embarrass them if they tried anything.

She smirked as she reached the altar and Percy. Tristan let Percy take her hand, and she stepped up, turning to face him. Percy looked breathless. "You... Are so beautiful." Annabeth smiled and blushed, biting her lip.

***

"I have been informed that the bride and groom have written their own vows, so... Perseus, go ahead."

Percy paled for a second, before swallowing, looking so nervous that Annabeth had to hold back a laugh.

"Uh... I have been repeating it over and over in my head, but I forgot all of it." He said, before looking down at her hands in his. "Annabeth, you are... Amazing. You're smart and beautiful. You're not afraid to tell me when I'm being an idiot. You take care of me, and when I feel like everything is gonna fall down around me, you're there to hold up the sky and keep me on my feet. And because of that... Because of that, I love you. And I always will. Through thick and thin, sickness and health, and blah blah blah. So long as you're with me, I'm happy, and I know I'm safe." Annabeth smiled, fighting back tears again. "I love you, Wise Girl. I have waited 9 years for this day... I'm not missing it for anything."

"Annabeth?"

Annabeth sucked in a breath. "Percy... You can be so stupid sometimes. Not charging your phone so you can tell me that you're okay when you're late to come home... Driving a minivan into the ocean... Not telling me when we were 16 that you liked me... But you can also be so amazing... Surprising me with a puppy... Working every shift possible just to take me to a restaurant I'd dreamed about visiting... Protecting me whenever some jerk tried anything in High School... You're an amazing man..." She trailed off, finding the perfect spot to work in her surprise. "And you'll be an amazing father..."

She heard a collective gasp, and almost squeal from the people sitting just a few feet away and her smile grew blinding. "And I am so glad to be marrying you today, Percy Jackson. I love you."