5

Annabeth sat on the couch with Sally and Athena sitting opposite her.  She had her phone out, reading 'The QB Bad Boy and Me' by tayxwriter. Well, she was trying to read. First off, she couldn't concentrate because of her ADHD, second, she was having trouble discerning words because of her dyslexia, and third, Sally and Athena were interrogating her.

Eventually, Sally took her phone to check that she wasn't texting Percy. She wasn't. She wasn't going to text him while he was at work. She wasn't stupid. Percy liked his job- Said so himself. He worked at a really fancy restaurant near the river, a place Annabeth always wanted to go to for a date, even though Luke never even got close to taking her to a restaurant like that one. The fanciest place they'd ever gone too was Applebees. Even then, Luke told her to not bother dressing up, and when she did get dressed up for it, he got mad at her and told her to change. That... hadn't been a good night.           

She'd refused to go out with him that night and stayed in while he went to Applebees with his friend... Annabeth blinked at the memory. That hadn't been a long time ago... He'd never told her who he went with... Was it Mickey? Was that when the affair started?

"Annabeth." She looked up at her mother as she called her name. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah. I'm just thinking about... something..."

"That something is?"

"Uh... A deal Percy and me made a while back... When we were teens... We said that we would marry each other... But only if neither of us were married, or had marriage plans, by Percy's 25th birthday..." Annabeth shrugged.

"And that was yesterday..." Athena said slowly, warily.

"And I now, no longer have wedding plans, and Percy broke up with Rachel, and-"

"And you two had sex last night." Annabeth's face had never burned such a bright shade of red. Athena had a surprised look on her face, a slightly disapproving gleam in her steel grey eyes.

Despite having helped raise Percy, Athena still disapproved of him, saying he was too much like his father... Who had left Sally and Percy weeks after Percy was born... Annabeth didn't know if it was true, although she was always told that Poseidon was a bit of a high flyer, according to Athena.

"Did you now? You used protection, right?"

"I'm 25... I don't need to be talking about this..." Annabeth squeaked. Sally was smiling.

"I'm your mother. Sally is Percy's mother-"

"EXACTLY!" Annabeth whined. "My boyfriends mom-"

"You're already using the 'boyfriend' title?" Athena scoffed. "You spend one night together-"

"I'm gonna go pick up some extra shifts at work-" Annabeth started to stand, before Sally gently sat her back down.

"Sweetheart, you can talk to us about this. I am just being the good cop, while your mom is playing bad cop." Annabeth brought her knees to her chest.

Her problem was the question her mother had asked her. 'You used protection, right?' For the life of her, Annabeth just could. Not. Remember. She'd been that drunk... Either that, or they just flat out didn't use it. She was on birth control, though, so even if they hadn't... Well, Annabeth hoped she wasn't the 1% who was unaffected by the medicine.

"That's my question for you, Sally. How are you so calm about this? Percy is your son." Athena said.

"Exactly. My son. Don't think I don't know what my son does when he's alone with a girl." Annabeth bit her lip. She actually probably didn't want to know... From what Annabeth heard, Percy could get pretty kinky during sex. She'd never experienced it personally, but from what Annabeth heard... Yeah, before yesterday, Annabeth never really wanted to hear about it... Today... She still didn't want to hear much about it, though, she was definitely more open to the... Idea of it. Yeah, Annabeth never wanted to hear anything about the times Percy had sex with other girls. Just the thought of it in that moment made her jealous...

"Well Annabeth is my daughter. Annabeth, I thought I raised you better than this. Hours after breaking up with Luke, you jump into Percy's arms-"

"Wow. Mom, it's not like that!" Annabeth huffed, standing up. "It is far from being like that! The longer I was with Luke, the less I liked him. The wedding in a week? Why do you think I haven't made a call to cancel wedding plans? I never even planned it. I was going to call off everything with Luke soon anyways. I just didn't... I didn't think I'd come home to find him having sex with someone else."

"When were you going to call it off?" Sally frowned, taking Annabeth's hand in her own.

"Today, actually... After me and Percy had celebrated his birthday by playing monopoly, making fun of Jaws, or '50 Shades of Grey', and drinking beer until we were so drunk our heads were practically exploding when we woke up... I was going to ask Percy for advice on the best way to dump a guy without hurting him... Obviously, Luke beat me to the punch." Tears sprung up in her eyes, and Annabeth was suddenly enveloped in the arms of her mother, and Percy's. She hugged them back, starting to cry the tears she dreaded so much. She didn't want to cry. She wasn't heartbroken over it. Annabeth couldn't remember the amount of times she had stated the fact in that day alone... She was mad, and she wanted to get some kind of payback. Without reaching to nearly the same extent, of course. She was mad, not cruel.

"Well... We can still make fun of '50 Shades of Grey' if you want?" Sally whispered, rubbing Annabeth's back when they pulled away. "I'm sure Percy won't mind us depleting his beer stock and refilling it."

Annabeth giggled, smiling. Athena looked absolutely furious. "Absolutely not! It's not even 5 in the afternoon-"

"You're daughter needs a girls day. Gods knows the only friend she has who is willing to make fun of a kinky sex movie with her is Percy. You don't have to stay, Athena." Sally shrugged, giving her best friend a knowing smirk.

Before Annabeth knew it, she was sitting on Percy's couch with a beer in her hands, laughing at her least favorite movie, '50 Shades of Grey'.