Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-six]

Kiss & Tell
Copyright ©
Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-six]

✿✿✿

You're the King, baby, I'm your Queen

Blank Space - Taylor Swift

✿✿✿

Jasmine POV

Knock. Knock. Knock.

My heavy eyes try to open, but the throbbing going on inside my head prevents me from lifting them.

Knock. Knock. KNOCK.

I groan this time, go away, I mumble, hoping the person at the door would get the message and leave like any normal person would do when no one answers the damn door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen. I mean, I'm Jasmine, for god sakes, nothing good ever happens to me. So slowly, I move the sheets with one hand and rub my forehead with the other, trying to somehow wipe the headache away with it.

Knock. Knock.

"Coming!" I grumble, irritated, what time is it anyways? And why isn't anyone else in this house answering the goddamn door? I look to my side at the alarm clock sitting next to my bed; the clock reads 12:23 PM. "Oh," I mutter, sounding a bit shocked. It's the afternoon already...wow. I'm surprised Cody hadn't came barging into my room at eight AM today, demanding that I return his charger or Xbox, or....hoodie.

Also, Mom hadn't even asked what I was doing last night without Cody, oh wait, God, I slap my forehead, adding pain to the pain already there. CODY! I forgot he was at the hospital last night! You're such an amazing sister Jazz, I scold myself. If I wasn't so drunk last night, I would have totally checked on Cody before heading home. Seriously.

Before going to the door, I take a peek into Cody's room. He's not there. And why are his sheets made? Did he not sleep here last night? I frown, my eyebrows squeezing downwards with confusion.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Rolling my eyes at the annoying person, I purposefully walk as slow as I can down the stairs and to the door.

Growling dramatically, I swing the door open, ready to start cussing the life out of the maniac who PROBABLY broke our door down from all the knocking. "What?!" I practically shout, glaring down at the person.

"Finally!" Quinn exclaims, sounding even angrier than I. "I knew someone was home! I saw your car out front, you know? You don't even have to try and cover for him!"

I stare at him, blankly and utterly confused. "What are you talking about?" I ask.

Quinn scowls. "Don't act like you don't know! I'm talking about Cody. Where is he? I know he's in there!" He tries to push past me and into the house, but I stand my ground, preventing him.

"Hello?! Are you crazy?" I shout, my eyes widening open. "Do you seriously want me to lock the door and call the police, asking them to come pick up the psycho whose trying to barge into my house?" I demand, waiting until he calmed the hell down before impatiently asking once again, "Now what do you want?"

"Cody," he grumbles, running a hand through his uncombed hair. "I need Cody," he repeats, more aggressively.

"Well, he's probably at Brent's, 'cause he's not here-" I start saying.

Before I can even finish, Quinn is turning away. "Hey," I shout, stopping him as he hopped down the stairs. "What'd he do this time?" I decide to ask him out of curiosity. Last I checked, Cody was at the hospital last night. I don't know how exactly Cody can make Quinn that pissed off when he couldn't even move an inch without crying last night. But this is Cody we're talking about, anything is possible.