Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-five]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-five]

✿✿✿

They say everything happens for a reason

And people change like the seasons

Lost Ones – J Cole

✿✿✿

Now, I don't know about you, but the only object in my room that could cause an immensely amount of damage are my 6" heels.

       That's what I grab, as my heart pounds and my blood races. I mean, who did I even think is at the door? It could be Mom, coming back from work early and wanting to yell at me for leaving the house dirty and the empty dishes in the sink. But then again, Mom wouldn't have knocked. She would have barged in like a maniac on a mission, grabbed my hair and made me lick the dishes clean. Well, not really, but I imagine one day she will be fed up with my continuous ability to leave everything unclean in this house and happily deny the offer to clean it up.

       I move towards the door, cautiously. Maybe it's Cody, I tell myself. Maybe he wants to tell me that I'm forgiven and we can go out and watch Neighbors (which I've been dying to watch) together and live happily ever after as amazing brothers and sisters. But one could only hope. And in my case, that would be hoping until one of of us dies and then it's too late.

      Slowly, I open the door. I get ready to start swinging my beautiful heels, but who I see in front of me literally shocks me so much that I end up backing away and tripping on my own feet, which sends me crashing to the floor.

      Austin ignores my groaning body, and steps over me to enter my room, like it was his or something. I see him look around the room curiously, as he contemplates it.

       "Sorry to surprise you," he then says, turning around to look at my form on the ground. "But are you sure this is the Heller's?" He smirks.

       "Jesus!" I shout, completely shocked. How did he even get in? But then I remember that Cody is still home. Maybe this is his way of getting back at me for making such a hurtful comment. Maybe calling Austin and making him see me in such a repelling form and a room full of dirty underwear, tampons, bras, dishes, wrappers and unread AP books, will satisfy Cody enough to get back at me.

       I quickly stand up, but then am suddenly aware that there's this really attractive guy in my room who even though might annoy me to the point where I feel like I will stab him, I probably have some feelings for him. But then, he's in my room. Staring at me. And that's when I realize I'm not wearing a bra.

      I cross my hands over my chest, and feel every part of me turn red. I pray he hadn't noticed but his gaze had already traveled up my shirt and to my chest. I was sure that Austin is going to say something inappropriate or perverted like the perv he is, but what shocks me is that his cheeks and neck flush, and his gaze drops from me to the floor.

      And then it's really awkward and I really don't know what to say and I guess he didn't either, and so I try breaking the sudden tension in the air by asking the obvious question. "Who let you in?" 

      "Cody," he replies and then walks back while making sure he absorbs every detail of my room. From the bra lying across my desk chair, to the chips flung on my carpet floor. I feel myself heat up even more, if the AC wasn't on, I can go ahead and assure you that I would have looked like a ripe tomato that is about to burst open and spread it's insides for the world to see.