Kiss & Tell - [Part Two]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Two]

We can't always keep running after yesterday. Life moves forward. And so we must.

***

 Why did I say yes?

I'm such an idiot. I just met the guy. Surely, I shouldn't have accepted a date right away. It's not appropriate; my mother would scold me if she knew I accepted a date with a guy I've only known for twenty minutes.

Well, not really, she would actually be happy I'm even going on a date...

Nonetheless, any sane girl with hormones would accept a date from a God that belonged on Mount Olympus.

Plus, I could meet so many people if I went out with him. He said him and his friends were going so I could probably get to know the other teenagers going to this school. He looked like the popular type of guy so I knew he probably had a ton of friends.

Who would have thought you could get a date with most popular guy at school Jazz?

Definitely not me.

"Why do you look like you've just won the lottery?"

I snap out of my thoughts and drift my face to my overly-obnoxious little brother.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Cody Heller, the one and only stupid brother I've got.

Yeah, that's right. He symbolizes stupid blonds. Sometimes, I think that maybe I'm the only sane one in my family. Cody is the stupid blond - I am blond too but my perfect grades will show you that I am not stupid - mom is just plain crazy and grandma...well, grandma is dying. 

"I did little brother. I did." Getting a date from Caleb was just as worth as winning the lottery. 

Cody rolls his eyes and leans forward on the table, his dark, tan skin gleaming on his face. "Oh really?"

I nod, a small sigh escaping my lips. "Yep."

"So, who’s the guy?" Cody asks, smirking at me. Sure he was considered a stupid blond to me, but he also knew me well. But, I hadn't ever been on a date before or really liked a guy (other than Patrick Simms who used to share his snack with me in the 1st grade) so I really didn't want to know what gave me away.

"Caleb," I dreamily say. "Caleb Finn." Even his name made fantasies of him and I occur in my perverted head.

Cody snorts, backing up and slouching in his chair. "Sounds like a jackass.”

Another reason HE was fourteen and not sixteen. He knew nothing of relationships (not that I did. I have the knowledge of a fat guy with a no-sex-life whatsoever). However, all his knowledge consisted of how to play COD and Madden Football on the Xbox.

"Mom!" I yell, sending Cody a dirty sneer, "Cody just said jackass!"

Pause. Pause. Pause...

"Cody Cruz Heller! If I hear you cuss again you will be grounded for eternity! And Jasmine, don't repeat everything he says or ill beat yo ass up," Mom shouts from somewhere in the house, as usual.

I roll my eyes. Yeah, when I said crazy, I really meant crazy.

"Sure, sure," Cody mumbles, sending me one last glare before stomping out of the room like the spoiled little brat he was. 

Ladies and gentlemen: my family.

***

"Oh my God Jazz, I don't know how I've been surviving these past few days without you. I swear its so boring. Dave is boring. Life without you is boring. Everything is BORING!" Amy whines, later that night on the phone.