Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-four]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-four]

✿✿✿

And on my deathbed, all I'll see is you

The life may leave my lungs

But my heart will stay with you

Deathbed – BMTH

✿✿✿

I gave Cody back his phone, and saw the way his eyes quickly examined it for any evidence that I had been going through it. 

       It was still 11 a.m., but the day felt over already. I just wanted to go back to bed and forget that I had ever went through Cody's phone and saw what I saw. But even sleeping won't erase that image from my head. Because it looked so real. So damn real that I knew it wasn't a mistake or anything.

       I knew how Caleb looked, brown hair and a strong, straight jaw with full reddish lips. And Isaac, with curly blond hair, and lean body. There was no way that it wasn't them. And what made it hard to believe was that Isaac was on top of Caleb. I mean, if I had thought Caleb was gay, then I would have expected him to be the top. Because he was larger than Isaac and more built. 

       But, I mean, this seriously doesn't even matter. I want to slap myself because I shouldn't be thinking about that. But I know, that, that is the only thing I'll be thinking about for a really, really long time. 

       "Okay," Cody says, walking into the room and sitting down across me at the kitchen table. "What did you see?" 

       I stare blankly. "What do you mean?" I fake confusion. 

      He rolls his eyes, clearly getting irritated. "You know exactly what I mean. You went through my phone."

       "To get Caleb's number," I defend myself. 

       "Yeah, but that's not all. You saw something you shouldn't have."

        I lean forward across the table, staring intently at Cody. "So you're saying you have something on your phone that I shouldn't see?"

       He could tell I was playing this game once again, the game where I would trick him into spilling. However, he already knew how to play because he was used to me getting him to spill his guts out on who smacked him during recess and who dumped his head in the toilet. There was no chance for Cody to lose. It would be a draw this time. 

       "Listen," he says then, and leans forward to grasp one of my hands in a tight clutch. "I need to know if you're going to do something foolish."

       I yank my hand away, harshly. Staring at him in disgust, "Who are you to ask me that?" I yell. "You're the one doing the foolish things, why would you think that I will turn out to be like the failure you turned out to be?!" As soon as these words leave my mouth, I regret them. I tell myself not to, I'm right, and I shouldn't take back what is right. But no one could stop me from feeling like the biggest aśshole deep inside. 

       Cody tries to take it as manly as he can. But I could see the surprise in his eyes and the hurt that came after that. No one had yet told him what he had truly became. Not like I had just done. It was a low blow, I'll say that, but to me, it was a reality check. 

       From being a straight 4.0 student with the chance of probably being accepted to Harvard if he had continued with his success, to becoming a drug dealer with no future whatsoever. The way the human works, still surprises me. 

       But instead of running out and slamming a few doors behind him, Cody stays planted in his seat, his face staring at me with hurt and then anger and then...nothing.

      He gets up. I read every move he makes like I'm reading the Twilight series and Jacob is about to pounce and kick some aśs. However, I wasn't at the edge of my seat, excited to see what happens next and who is going to die because this is my aśs I should be worried about. 

       Cody stops walking towards the door and turns around. Expressionless, he opens his mouth. "I may be a failure," he says, "but at least I'm not a coward."

       And then he leaves, the door softly clicking behind him.

                                            ***

I've never been the type to apologize for something I've terribly done because I had nothing to apologize for. I wanted to keep it that way so I stay in my room, grounding myself from seeing the rest of the world and it's ability to make everyone in it hate me. 

      But it's a lonely world in my room. The four walls make me feel trapped, but that's the point of being grounded, it also took away your right of freedom and space and communication. But if Cody can learn to contain his anger and not lash out on me, I could contain my boredom and deal with it. 

      Also, time went very slowly in my room. It wasn't even one yet. Sigh. 

     After a few hours, (it was 3 minutes) my phone started ringing. Excited that I will be hearing something other than my own thoughts, I grab at it roughly and answer before the first ring, rung. 

      "Hello?" I say, smiling pathetically. 

     "Is this the home of the Heller's?" A deep, anonymous voice asks. I feel a chill run down my spine for some unknown reason.

      Hesitantly, I answer. "Yes..?"

      "Watch your back," it replies. 

      But before I could finish asking why, they reply.  "They're coming," it says. 

      And then the phone clicks.

      I try to comprehend what just happened, and what on earth is going on, when I hear someone knock on my bedroom door. 

      A/N:

Cliffy again becuz 

Who do you think is at the door? ;)

lol not the longest chapter but really wanted to update something. I'll try writing another one tomorrow if I can. 

Mostly, I wanted Cody and Jasmine to talk in this chapter so basically no aussy or caleby lol. 

Thank you all for the support ily all so much BECUZ kiss and tell is #22 in humor and #29 in teen fiction and it's so cool and omg thank you so much. 

Once again, feedback gets me to update faster ;) :) 

Bye!