Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-eight]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-eight]

✿✿✿

To know you is to hate you

So loving you must be like suicide

Jackasś – Green Day

✿✿✿

"So when you pulled me off Naomi a week back, you did it so I wouldn't be charged with murder or so I wouldn't hurt your little bride?!" 

    Austin shrugs. "Hey, that was a long time ago," he says, nonchalantly. 

    For some reason his carelessness is getting on my nerves and it's just irritating me with him even more.

    "I can't believe you," I say, looking at him with utmost disbelief. 

    "What?" Austin says, turning around so he could face me. "It's not like I slept with her when I knew you–"

    "Are you serious?" I snap. "You slept with her?! Oh my God, why am I even talking to you?" I start getting up, about to walk away with my head held high so he would know this is not affecting me, as much as it really is on the inside. 

   Austin, however, grabs my arm and pulls me back down. "Why do you care so much?" He questions, "it's not like you like me or anything...right?" 

   I scoff. "Of course not. But you slept with Naomi, and that, is even worse than anything. She ruined my life, don't you understand? Stop making it seem likes it's 'nothing.'"

   "Then what do you want me to say?" Austin says. "I slept with Naomi, but it was a one night thing, it didn't mean anything."

   "Oh really, Austin? Really?"

   "You know what Jasmine," Austin finally snaps. "Just go. Leave. I don't care anymore. You're literally making the biggest deal out of nothing. And I'm sorry, I can't take this anymore."

    I stare at him, shocked. And then finally yell, "fine, I'll leave! Whatever!"

    Austin doesn't say a thing as I get up, and then without really meaning to, I step on his foot as I walk past him. Austin jumps, clutches his foot in his hands, and starts shouting "ouch, shít, fućk, man, ow."

    I don't bother to apologize as my purse slips on my arm and my head lifts and my snobbish walk emerges. "You owe me 30 bucks," I shout as I leave the restaurant. 

    But Austin doesn't notice how my voice quivers. 

                                                              ∞∞∞

When I get home, Cody is still there, which is odd because I thought the second I left the house, he would run off since Mom is at work and I wasn't there to watch over him.

    I hear the loud rap music coming from his room, indicating that he wanted to be left alone. He's probably still playing on his Xbox, just like when I left him, I assume. He obviously has no worries about what's going on in my thundering mind right now. 

    Suddenly, I'm angry at Cody. Angry that he let Austin inside and what happened, happened. I get ready to go upstairs and yell at him, to shout that it's all his fault, but then, I know I can't blame Cody. How could he have known the 'date' was going to end that way? So I couldn't. I couldn't put the blame on someone else, when it's clearly my fault that I agreed and then this happened.