Kiss & Tell - [Part Nineteen]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright © ☼

Kiss & Tell - [Part Nineteen]

☼☼☼

When you dream of me tonight, am I close to where you are? 

(To where you are?)

Sws - Let Love Bleed Red.

☼☼☼

[BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR POV CHANGES]

Caleb POV

"What do you mean you can't come? Are you insane? Man, if I were you, I'd shut up right now."

"Hey! It's not my fault. My sister is practically guarding my door and if she says anything to my Mom, I'm dead. Alright? I'm sorry, but I can't come," he replies, his voice hushed probably because he's hiding out in his room phoning me.

I roll my eyes when he mentions his bratty sister. That girl would go to lengths to ruin my day. It's not like I blame her though. But seriously? Two years and that girl can't build a bridge and get over the damn thing.

"Yo, look. How about I come and get you and we head out together?" I say, already grabbing my keys, and moving towards the door.

Cody is quick to reply. "Nah, I don't think so man. Today's not a good day, can't we do this some other time?"

I grit my teeth. This little guy is pushing me. If he keeps saying no to me, I'm going to make sure he wouldn't be able to say no anymore.

As I open my red convertible, and slide inside, I lite a cigarette and reply. "Listen. I'm going to come over, and your going to be ready. Aight?" I say, well more like threaten.

He's quiet for a few seconds and I worry he's going to go off on me with the 'I'm sorry, I can't come,' crap once again.

"Fine." He finally says.

I smirk, that's what I thought. "Goo-"

Click.

I scowl, did he just...or?

Who does he think he's shutting the phone on? The only reason I've been a bit decent with this kid is because he's a great seller and I can't afford to lose someone as good as him. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna let him disrespect me like that. That's not happening.

Over my dead body.

No way.

•••

Thirty five minutes later, I'm pulling up to Cody's street. I park my car a few houses down the block because I'm not sure if Cody's coming normally (from the front door) or the old 'sneaking out the window' way.