Kiss & Tell - [Part Seventeen]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Seventeen]

☪☪☪

Do you have to make me feel like

there's nothing left of me?

Skyscraper - Demi Lovato.

☮☮☮

Just close your eyes, it'll be over in a few hours. By tomorrow, you won't even see them anymore. By tomorrow, you'll go on with your life. By tomorrow, you'll be watching The Vampire Dairies and eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream like a fatso on the couch. For today, I'm living for tomorrow, not today.

As I sit on a porch swing, squeezed in with Cody, I realize that I can't though. I have to face today to get to tomorrow, stop trying to ignore reality, and actually speak. Maybe than ill have nothing more to keep inside of me. Maybe if I find my voice I could possibly go on with life, and this horrible summer.

"So...hey," Ashton says, awkwardly from the bench where he sits with Caleb who FYI, is texting away on his iPhone. I find this incredibly rude and I am flashed with a memory of Cody doing the same the day we were in the hospital visiting Gram.

I bet he's also changing his status to something like: screw ma life, da stepmom Iz annoying as F*** and da ex iz glaring at me like WTF and Cody ma main druggie iz gonna get a beating afta tis. Watch.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised.

"Hey," I reply, staring Ashton in his dark blue eyes which look nothing like Austin's dark brown ones. Although both Ashton and Austin have the same dark black hair.

Ashton fidgets awkwardly in his place; I could see my glare is making him uneasy. I don't know why I'm glaring at him. But I do know that this glare isn't really meant for him. If Caleb can't talk to me or say anything and ignore us than I sure as hell can glare at his friend, because honestly, it does make me feel better. I just need Caleb to notice, because than, I'm making sure my glare angles the other direction.

"Yo, Cody," Caleb suddenly says, without looking up from his phone. Oh wow, he finally acknowledges one of us.

"Yeah..?" Cody replies, uneasily and my suspicious as$ quickly wonders why.

"Let's talk, huh?" He finally looks up from his phone and smiles brightly at Cody. I could clearly see that this is one of his fake smiles, ones that I once fell for.

"Uh, yeah, sure," Cody looks nervously back at me and then at Caleb, as if he's trying to see if Caleb will make him talk in front of me. I glare at his head.

"Come on." Caleb gets up, nods his head at the back door. He starts walking to it, not bothering to check to see if Cody is coming or not. He already knows that he will, though. And I hate it. I hate it so much. He acts as if he's some big crap and than proceeds to treat Cody as if Cody is his bítch. I guess Cody's macho-ness isn't so macho when it comes to Caleb.

"..uh...I'm going to go uh play Xbox..uh yeah. Bye yo," Ashton mutters, and quickly jumps off the bench and follows Caleb and Cody. I scowl. Yeah, leave me alone with the shy girl who is staring at me with wide frightened eyes.

I try smiling at her, even though it scares her even more. She's clutching her hands together and keeps shifting in her seat.

"Hey Vicky," I say, hesitantly, and scoot closer to her. "I'm not going to hurt you."