Chapter 10

Miles was still standing on the rooftop when a portal suddenly appeared and Gwen walked through it.

"Hey." Miles said.

"Hi. So, this Lion guy. Any idea who he actually is?"

"Nope. Just that he's powerful."

"Yeah, well if Miguel succeeds in finding help, we can hopefully beat him with nobody getting hurt." Gwen said as she winked at Miles.

"Stoooop, that's getting old." Miles groaned as he rolled his eyes. Gwen giggled as she looked towards the buildings on the horizon. "I really do hope that nobody gets hurt though, especially you."

"Me too." They kissed each other with as much passion as two people who might die soon could have. They pulled apart and gasped for air for kissing so long and we're about to kiss again when Gwen's dimension hopper alerted her to a text.

"What is it?"

"It's from Miguel. I have to go."

"Oh." Miles said with a hurt face.

"Miles, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me." Gwen said. She kissed him on the cheek and opened a portal to her dimension and walked through it.

After it closed, Miles swung back to his house and greeted his parents and went inside his room. He felt exhausted so decided to take a nap. During his nap he had a dream about proposing to Gwen and her about to say yes when his mom woke him up to tell him that dinner was ready. He got up and ate dinner with his family and tried to enjoy it as much as he could as it could be his last.

When he finished he started to draw and listen to Sunflower. After an hour his Dimension Hopper buzzed to alert him of a text. Thinking it was Gwen, he quickly picked it up and saw that it was from Miguel. He read it and felt his heart drop. No no no no no he thought, this cant be happening. He quickly put on his suit and opened a portal to Gwen's dimension. He quickly stepped through the portal and swung towards a rooftop. Before he continued, he checked the text again to make sure it was real.

Gwen disappeared. Get over here now.
---------------------------------------------------------